Remove Commercials and Ads, Convert Videos and Organize your video collection for your Windows Media Center, DVR, Recorded TV, and recorded videos.
"Just wanted to let you all know that I wish I had donated earlier. Joining your Early Access Program is a more than reasonable cost for what you're
offering. The latest version of MCE Buddy and Comskip are super fast and so much more accurate. Having an evening's television show(s) converted, all the commercials removed and ready to be put onto my iPad for the train commute to work in the morning is never
a problem now. With the "free" version of the software, while still a solid product, sometimes the conversion was still going on the next morning and I would have to wait until the next day to watch. With your latest, 50% faster, version the conversion
never goes past 2 am for a night with several TV programs I record with Windows Media Center. Thank you to everyone who worked on the project and contributed."
The work you put into MCEBuddy makes its use limitless
Absolutely love your program! ... the ability to cut commercials & convert Media Center useless file type to an mp4 without any work is priceless. Thank you so much!
Brilliant developers have completely revolutionized entertainment in my home
- Will Dreiling
...just wanted to add that, with Custom Cuts, this program is now an incredible value...
Convert Videos, Remove Commercials/Ads and Organize your Media Center (SiliconDust DVR, WMC/MCE, nPVR, Media Portal, Sage TV, Argus TV, ICE TV, PlayLater, HDHomeRun), DVR, TV Recordings (WTV, DVRMS, TS, MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV) and any
MCEBuddy Removes Commercials and Advertisements from your video recordings while converting them into formats that are usable on other systems and portable devices. It does all of this automatically in the background with a minimum of fuss and
little technical knowledge required.
Converts from WTV, DVR-MS, TS, MPEG and many other formats to WTV, MP4 , AVI, MKV, portable devices and others. Organizes and renames videos, monitor folders and batch conversion in the background at scheduled times. It also integrates with your iTunes and
WMP libraries to keep them up to date.
Very easy simple user interface for basic users and an advanced options interface for power users to tweak the quality, volume, trim videos, extract subtitles, schedules, custom file renaming, eMail notifications, downloading show information from the internet,
selecting audio language and many more features.
If you have a newer computer, it provides super fast conversion using the latest generation OpenCL and QuickSync hardware encoders to reduce your conversion time from hours to minutes.
Check out the
Getting Started User Guide here. More
- Remove Commercials & Advertisements
- Convert Videos and TV Recordings (HDX/HD/SD)
- Convert WTV, DVR-MS, TS, MPG, MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, TiVO (with MAK) and more
- Shrink TV Recordings & Videos
- Schedule Conversions
- Batch Conversions
- Multiple Simultaneous Conversions
- Monitor Folders (runs in the background as a lightweight service even without user logon)
- Batch processing, queue files manually (drag and drop) or monitor folders for new files
- Multi-channel Audio Support (AC3, DTS, AAC)
- Multilingual Audio Language Selection
- Multiple Audio Tracks
- Simple Controls to Skip Cropping, Limit Video Width, Volume Adjustment, Quality Adjustment and more
- Extract and Embed Closed Captions, Teletext, DVB Subtitles and Subtitles, burn Subtitles into the Video
- Trim Videos
- Custom File and Folder Renaming
- eMail Notifications
- Creating Chapters as Commercial Markers instead of Cutting Commercials
- Archiving, Syncing Folders and Conversions
- International/Regional Languages Support (44+ languages) and Unicode files
- Support for Accessibility (Large Fonts / DPI Scaling)
- Import converted/processed files automatically into the iTunes library and Windows Media Player (WMP) Library with categorization (TV Shows, Movie etc based on metadata)
- Supports iTunes Metadata
- Supports IMDB, MovieDB, TVDB, TV.com and advanced Metadata processing
- Convert Windows Media Center, SiliconDust DVR, nPVR, Media Portal, Sage TV, Argus TV, ICE TV, PlayLater, HDHomeRun DVR etc with metadata support
- Supports multiple displays (TV, Monitors etc) and ultra low resolution
- Converters include support for FFMPEG, Handbrake and MEncoder
- Supports QuickSync based hardware encoder and OpenCL for Intel, NVidia and ATI graphics cards
- Supports Comskip and ShowAnalyzer
- Write Custom Commands/Programs
- Manually mark sections of the video to cut, reads VideoRedo project files and save as an EDL file for automated processing
- Convert to WTV, MP4, MKV, AVI, M4V, TS, WMV, MPG and more
- Convert to Mobile/Portable devices (iPhone, iPad, Roku, TiVO, Kindle, FireTV, Samsung, Blackberry, Zune, iRiver, Nokia, Meizu, PSP, PS3, XBox, Zen etc)
- UPnP / NAT and Remote connections (control multiple engines from a mobile/desktop client remotely)
- Power Management Support (Allow Sleep / Prevent Sleep / Wake Up)
- Support for Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/R2, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Windows Media Center Plugin (separate installation)
NOTE: NO software can remove, edit or convert DRM protected (encrypted copy once) WTV files. If unsure, check your WTV file properties for the Protected flag. Some cable providers encrypt a few premium channels, most channels including Free to
Air Channels (FTA) are not encrypted.
#1 Focus on the user and all else will follow (thanks
#2 Refer to #1
Personal End User Software License
MCEBuddy 2.x is an open source software project licensed under the GNU General Public License v2. MCEBuddy 2.x End-User license is free of charge for NON-COMMERCIAL personal use.