This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Converted file and renaming Season 01-Episode 04 vs S01E04

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Hi,

I sure this is docuemetned somehwere.  I have went through the profiles.conf and mcebuddy.conf.

Long story short.  XBMC does not recognize files renamed with full names with "Season" and "Episode".   

So I want to change the default in MCEBuddy to save the files as S0xE0x

Example

From

Revolution-Season 01-Episode 04-The Plague Dogs-2012-10-07

To

Revolution-S01E04-The Plague Dogs-2012-10-07

As this format is more common.

I have went through the profile.conf and added CustomCommandParameters= but it does not seem to take.  I am not sure where to change this. 

Where is  a doc that had the details of where to edit this and the format?

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, while many folks are dependent on the current naming convention, I think the Season and Episode and be changed to S & E respectively. Will make that change in the next release.

1. Keep in mind though there is a Special Check box for MC (XBMC) compatible naming under Conversion Tasks -> Advanced Settings

2. Also if you're trying to create a custom naming structure use the custom naming check box and the corresponding text box under Conversion Tasks -> Advanced settings. (be sure to rest the mouse for a second over the text / box / checkbox to get pop up help).

Regarding CustomCommands, it is documented under advanced commands here (http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MCEBuddy%20Advanced%20Commands)

What exactly are you trying to do with custom commands? Can you post the entire command and where you're placing it.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Hi,

I never noticed the checkbox before.  That looks like it will correct the issue!!

One thing I did notice which I cant figure out why is when it was naming the ORIGINAL file ex. Revolution_WMAQ_2012_10_08_21_32_05.wtv  was renamed to Revolution-Season 01-Episode 04-The Plague Dogs-2012-10-07.mp4   

This seems to be a date that is 1 day off.  I think this is adding to my issue. Not sure where to check for a UTC or CDT time settings. The machine us UTC-6 Central time.  It seems to have the date off by one day on call converted / renamed files.

Log - Notice the rename at the end

2012-10-13T12:06:07 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.AtomicParsley --> Process arguments "C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Revolution_WMAQ_2012_10_08_21_32_05.mp4" --overWrite --title "Revolution" --TVShowName "Revolution" --stik "TV Show" --TVEpisode "The Plague Dogs" --genre "Drama" --description "As Charlie and Miles travel with Nora in hope of meeting up with Maggie and Aaron, Nate tracks their every move; unforeseeable challenges await the gang." --comment "As Charlie and Miles travel with Nora in hope of meeting up with Maggie and Aaron, Nate tracks their every move; unforeseeable challenges await the gang." --encodingTool "MCEBuddy"
-->  Started writing to temp file.

-->  Finished writing to temp file.

2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Finished writing tags, file size [KB] 236,804.00
INFORMATION> 2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Running Custom Commands
INFORMATION> 2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> No custom commands found
2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Finished custom command, file size [KB] 236,804.00
INFORMATION> 2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Renaming file using show information
INFORMATION> 2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Renaming file from show information
--> Rename file to C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Revolution-The Plague Dogs-2012-10-07.mp4
INFORMATION> 2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination
INFORMATION> 2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Revolution-The Plague Dogs-2012-10-07.mp4 to D:\Files\TV\Revolution\Revolution-The Plague Dogs-2012-10-07.mp4
INFORMATION> 2012-10-13T12:06:11 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Success - All done!

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 4:28 AM

This is interesting, can you upload the file to my server so i can see what's going on. This time zone thing caused me a LOT OF GRIEF given that people are using this acorss the world and IMDB doesn't have a specific timezone, so the answer was I considered the recorded time as local time and then extracted the EST eq. and looked it up etc.

Anyway, can you upload the file to:

ftp://mcebuddy.dyndns.org

login: mcebuddy

password: mcebuddy

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:42 AM

Files uploaded. 

Thanks

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I use Recorded TV HD inside WMC7 and it also does not like, nor work at all, with "Season" or "Episode" naming convention.  Seems lame to me that they don't like full name usage but I had to use a custom file naming convention to cure the issue because I also discovered the check box option "Use MC compatible naming convention" does not work either.  I think that option created sub folders of the title but the program wants the full showname in the files name itself so it did not work with "Recorded TV HD".  I also discovered that if "networkname" is in the files title "Record TV HD" will actual place an icon on the show so I'll see a cool custom icon "CW HD" and helps me to know what is HD content and what is not.

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Ken can you post the log file for one such recording where the season and episode don't work.

BTW, MCEBuddy does not use the filename at all - it only uses the metadata from the WTV file to looks up additional details from TheTvDB.org - that's were the season and episode details come from.

If MCE puts the wrong showname and episode name in the metadata of the file, then the lookup from TheTVDB will fail - i.e. no season or episode no.

Again, please post the log file.

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM
j_internet wrote:

Files uploaded. 

Thanks

Okay I figured this one out, it's showing the Original Broadcast Date and time rather than the recorded date and time. Is this causing a problem for you?

The reason this was done is that XBMC uses the original broadcast date and time to look up information about the recording (since shows can have reruns but only 1 original broadcast date and time, i.e. the live or first run).

See this:

OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2012-10-07T21:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2012-10-08T22:02:02

So the question is why do you want to change it to Recorded Date time?

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Edited Oct 16, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Hm....

That is odd the original broadcast date/time was 10-8 9pm CST.  Not sure how it came with another date.  I also get this for episodes I record (ex. American Chopper).  They also all show 1 day off.  They show Sunday when coverted when they air on Monday nights.  You can see from the original WTV file name it had the time and date in it.    I have American Chopper recording tonight at 8pm CST tonight. 10/15/2012.  Lets what it does.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Shoot I had the MC checked so I may have to remove the checkbox and rerun this again to see what it lables it.

New file

New episode

American Chopper_DSC_2012_10_15_20_00_00.wtv

and

Revolution_WMAQ_2012_10_15_21_01_01.wtv

Well it did this with Sundays date.

Revolution-Season 01-Episode 05-Soul Train-2012-10-14

American Chopper-Season 04-Episode 07-New Venture-2012-10-14

I will upload the logs

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Uploaded.

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM
j_internet wrote:

Hm....

That is odd the original broadcast date/time was 10-8 9pm CST.  Not sure how it came with another date.  I also get this for episodes I record (ex. American Chopper).  They also all show 1 day off.  They show Sunday when coverted when they air on Monday nights.  You can see from the original WTV file name it had the time and date in it.    I have American Chopper recording tonight at 8pm CST tonight. 10/15/2012.  Lets what it does.

Note there is a difference between Original Broadcast Date/Time and Record Date/Time.

Original Broadcast Date/Time is set by the Broadcaster (CBS or ABC) as the first time ever the show was aired.

Record Date/Time is set by Windows MCE when the show was recorded.

Anyways i've corrected the filename, in the next release 2.3.3 it will show the Record Date instead of the Original Broadcast Date.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Ken62465 wrote:

I use Recorded TV HD inside WMC7 and it also does not like, nor work at all, with "Season" or "Episode" naming convention.  Seems lame to me that they don't like full name usage but I had to use a custom file naming convention to cure the issue because I also discovered the check box option "Use MC compatible naming convention" does not work either.  I think that option created sub folders of the title but the program wants the full showname in the files name itself so it did not work with "Recorded TV HD".  I also discovered that if "networkname" is in the files title "Record TV HD" will actual place an icon on the show so I'll see a cool custom icon "CW HD" and helps me to know what is HD content and what is not.

Ken, I would suggest you try the Custom Rename option which provides you with the flexibility to create your own naming structure includig using the network name, showname, episode name etc.

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for your help with this!!