This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom profile with unsupported flag does not work

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Hi Rboy,

I've finally settled on profile that fit our recording habits but I've run into a bug in MCEBuddy's parsing unsupported codec flag in the profile. 

I want Handbrake to convert all SD recordings while FFMPEF all HD stuff. (Handbrake = slow with HD plus its deinterlacing filter is horrible )

I'm feeding MCEBuddy recording from BBC HD (wtv, H264, 10Mbit 1080i ) and my profile looks like this:

order=handbrake,ffmpeg
handbrake-unsupported=wtv+h264
handbrake-general=--decomb --loose-anamorphic --verbose=2 -f mp4
handbrake-video=-e x264 -b 4000 -x cabac=0:ref=2:bframes=0:weightp=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=0:subq=6:me=hex
handbrake-audio=-E faac -6 stereo -R auto -B 160 -D 0
handbrake-audioac3=-E faac -6 stereo -R auto -B 160 -D 0
handbrake-ext=.m4v
handbrake-audiodelay=skip
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0 -async 1
ffmpeg-video=-ss 3 -vf yadif=3:-1:0 -r 50 -vcodec mpeg4 -q 5 -f mp4 -y 
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec copy
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec copy
ffmpeg-ext=.mp4
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
SkipCropping=true

when converting video I get the following.... Any idea why ? (Video is def. wtv+264, confirmed by VLC, its 1920x1080, H264 MPEG-4 AVC (Part 10 ) h264, Frames 25)

NFORMATION> 2012-10-16T22:21:16 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Converting
INFORMATION> 2012-10-16T22:21:16 MCEBuddy.Transcode.ConvertWithHandbrake --> Checking for Unsupported profile for container / codec combination
INFORMATION> 2012-10-16T22:21:16 MCEBuddy.Transcode.Convert --> Converting with Handbrake.

Thanks !!!

Here is the debug log, if it helps. I've looked at it and all seems okay except that MCEBuddy in one instance seems to identify codec as ' avc '.

http://db.tt/S84ckkAX

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I didn't understnad what the issue is? Is the conversion failing?

this statment:

INFORMATION> 2012-10-16T22:21:16 MCEBuddy.Transcode.ConvertWithHandbrake --> Checking for Unsupported profile for container / codec combination

Just indicates that MCEBuddy is looking for an unsupported combination. This condition (wtv+h264) will never be hit since WTV is alwasy transcoded to .TS and then converted.

The codec is identified with the help of ffmpeg. Where are you seeing the codec identified as "avc"?

Again, I 'not clear on what hte question / problem is.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hi , I hope my explanation below is better.

-- > Is the conversion failing? 

No it is not, but MCEBuddy is NOT converting with the codec I want. ( ie. not reading/accepting unsupported flag in the profile )

-->I didn't understnad what the issue is?

I want Handbrake to convert all SD recordings while FFMPEG all HD recordings. So while MCEBuddy does not have GUI for this setting, I thought about using unsupported flag in the profile.

--> This condition (wtv+h264) will never be hit since WTV is alwasy transcoded to .TS and then converted.

I've tried ts+h264 without any success. I've taken the wtv+h264 from mencoder included in other profiles. So what should I use if I want HD recordings (h264) to be converted with ffmpeg and SD recordings (Mpeg2) converted with handbrake ?

--> Where are you seeing the codec identified as "avc"?

Its in the conversion log ( when analyzing video/audio streams). http://db.tt/S84ckkAX

Kind regards,-vladimir

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Ah - okay now I understand what you're trying to do. I suspect this may not work.

That's actually a very neat idea. Kudos to you.

I can see your problem, MCEBuddy replaces in unsupported h264 with avc while processing (legacy code) and when it compares it to the codec in the file it does not match because the codec reported is h264.

i'll have this fixed in the next version 2.3.3

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Note you'll have the use the codec names that come up when you right click on the file in the conversion queue and select MediaInfo (like mpeg1video, h264, mpeg2video, ac3, mp3, mp2, mp1 etc).

See the documentation - I've updated it to reflect the new functionality in 2.3.3

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Thanks for the new version but unfortunately it fails conversion every time.

While unsupported flag is now working, the conversion that works in 2.3.2 fails with 2.3.3 ffmpeg right after byte remuxing.... ( on every HD video I've tried )

EDIT: Just tested back with 2.3.2 and it definitely works in 2.3.2 but fails in 2.3.3.

Below is 2.3.3 Logs:

My profile:

order=handbrake,ffmpeg
handbrake-unsupported=wtv+h264
handbrake-general=--decomb --loose-anamorphic --verbose=2 -f mp4
handbrake-video=-e x264 -b 4000 -x cabac=0:ref=2:bframes=0:weightp=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=0:subq=6:me=hex
handbrake-audio=-E faac -6 stereo -R auto -B 160 -D 0
handbrake-audioac3=-E faac -6 stereo -R auto -B 160 -D 0
handbrake-ext=.m4v
handbrake-audiodelay=skip
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0 -async 1
ffmpeg-video=-ss 3 -vf yadif=3:-1:0 -r 50 -vcodec mpeg4 -q 5 -f mp4 -y 
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec copy
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec copy
ffmpeg-ext=.mp4
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
SkipCropping=true

-LOG NOT NEEDED ANYMORE
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Ah yes, I see why - thanks for pointing this out. When I fixed the Video Info update I see that ffmpeg broke because it's getting the info for the original file rather than remux file. I'll make an update release shortly.

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Thanks, its working great with 2.3.4 version

by the way, is there anyway to implement it into the GUI  what i'm trying to accomplish via Profile ?

I'm perfectly happy with my solution but I'd guess it'd be beneficial to others if they could convert SD with different setting than HD.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

unfortuantley it would make the GUI too complex and the way the current code is written would be way to complex to implement

However rause a feature request ticket and I'll see if it cna be done in future.

I would suggest you use 2.3.5 - it's more stable

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Thanks, I'll upgrade over the weekend when I have more time. 

By the way, on unrelated note, i vaguely remember release notes that issue where file in destination was replaced by the newly exported files has been fixed but it just happend to me tonight where I expected two files to be in my destination folder but only one was there.

I rename my files using MCEBuddy to Title\Title - YYYY-MM-DD. This is so that Plex ( and XBMC) can identify the file as TV Episode.

Problem comes when I record the same show twice in the single day ( or if recording is split in two files due to reboot etc .. )

MCEBuddy replaces the file in destination folder whereas I'd expect MCEBuddy to append -1 to the file name of the first copy, -2 to the second etc.... like other software do most of the time.

Is this a bug or expected behavior ? 

Thanks !

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM

That's normal behaviour.

What you're referringt o was a log file issues, 2 log files having the same name doesn't happen anytime since it adds the timestamp to the filename.

However the destination files names are controlled by the user (either stnadard or custom). MCEbuddy overwrites any files in the output directory with the same name.

The solution to this is simple, include the season, episode number or episode name in the destination file name. Also you could inclde the record hour and record minute in the name (unless they started at exactly the same hour and minute) it would solve the problem.

Oct 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM

makes sense. I will use  Title \ Title - YYYY-MM-DD[hour-minute].ext

This way Plex/XBMC identifies the file as date based show, but ignores anything thats in the brackets. ( which i'm using for avoid duplicates ).