Problems continuing conversion after the restart

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Hi Rboy,

I've noticed that starting with 2.3.x and now still with 2.3.5 that after each restart I have to start up MCEBuddy GUI to continue conversion MCEBuddy was doing before restart.

I can see that MCEBuddy 2.x service is running and enabled and once GUI is started conversion resumes. But until GUI is started, MCEBuddy is effectively 'Paused'

In the previous releases ( i think it started when Remote part was introduced ) MCEBuddy nicely resumed conversion after PC restarted, without any interaction needed. 

I hope this is a bug and not a 'feature' as I have my Media Center restarted nightly ( like many others have experienced MCE7 can lag if not restarted every now and then ). 

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM

EDIT, just noticed that if I enable UPnP then MCEBuddy resumes the conversion after the restart.

So I'm not sure whether this is intended or not so,  fyi  ... sorry

-vladimir

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Please post your mcebuddy.log file and also click on EVent Log on the GUI page and paste the logs before/after reboot.

I'm not able to replicate this issue, when I reboot (with or without UPnP MCEbuddy picks up where it left off) (just tested on Windows XP SP3)

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Also can you explain what you mean by paused? (i.e. how do you figure it's paused).

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Well No conversion is happening after the restart...

I can tell by lack of the log file, CPUs sitting at 0%, and after I start up GUI ( say 10 minutes after the start up ) MCEBuddy starts the conversion....

I'll post the log files soon.

btw, is MCEBuddy supposed to 'continue' the conversion after the restart or start what was being converted  from the beginning ?

-Mine always starts from scratch if conversion was interrupted by the restart.

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Please post the mcebuddy log file after a reboot before you start the GUI
>
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I just found a bug in MCEBuddy today which causes excessive IO (even at idle), it is amplified during UI usage which could cause performance degradation.

See 2.3.8 incase it solves your problem

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Thanks. I will test the new version this weekend and let you know !