This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Monitor more than one location with different profiles?

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I need to have my TV series named either using standard series/episode info, or using an air date, so that my Plex Media Server handles it properly. I have something that sorts out my WTV files into separate folders depending of if their is TVDB data for the show, so I have a folder of stuff that I want named with series/episode names and a folder of stuff I want named with airdate info instead.

I am having a hard time trying getting to two conversion tasks to recognize the folders. For now I've set up folders like this:

d:\CompletedRecordings

d:\CompletedRecordings\Unmatched

and created on task with this in the fileselection: ~Unmatched\*.*;*.*

and one with this in the fileselection: Unmatched\*.*;

The problem I'm having is that the first will always also match the second sub-folder. If I remove the (*.*) from the first, then it won't match anything.

I know I must be missing something obvious, but I've tried every combination I can think of. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM

MCEBuddy only uses the filename for comparison purposes and not the entire path. So that's the issue. Even though you've written the syntax pretty well, since directorires are not considered for a filename match, it's not going to work.

You need to have 2 different folders setup (not nested) or a different naming conventions for the 2 types of recordings.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I just realized 2 different folders won't help since those are done by monitor tasks, you'll need a naming convention. that differs, e.g. start the filename with unmatched.

Is that something you can configure?

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I'm still missing a piece of info here apparently. If I use two separate folders and set up two folders to monitor, how are the two conversion tasks each tied to a separate monitor folder?

On Nov 6, 2012, at 5:29 PM, rboy1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

MCEBuddy only uses the filename for comparison purposes and not the entire path. So that's the issue. Even though you've written the syntax pretty well, since directorires are not considered for a filename match, it's not going to work.

You need to have 2 different folders setup (not nested) or a different naming conventions for the 2 types of recordings.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM
The only way I could make that work is to move them to a non-monitored location and then run a scheduled task that does some renaming before moving to a monitored location. It's not ideal, but it will work. Thanks for confirming for me.

On Nov 6, 2012, at 5:32 PM, rboy1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I just realized 2 different folders won't help since those are done by monitor tasks, you'll need a naming convention. that differs, e.g. start the filename with unmatched.

Is that something you can configure?

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I did figure out a work around to this, so thanks for your help. What I struggle with now is having more than one conversion task and having multiple tasks pick up the same file. For example, I have a main conversion task for everything, and then I want to have several "special" ones for individual show names. The special one picks up the show and the main one picks up the show. The only way I have gotten around this is to exclude all of the special show names in the main task using the (~). Is there a better way to do this? As I add more conversion tasks, it becomes cumbersome to have to exclude them from the main task.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM

That's perfect. That's exactly how it's supposed to work. Automatic exclusion is not a good idea since often folks want multiple file types for the same file eg mp4 and mkv.