This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Audio Only

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Thanks for all the great work!

Can you implement an audio extraction in a future release? I would like to convert .wtv to an .mp3. Thanks again.

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:06 AM

You can do that through a customized profile.

Take one of the existing profiles and customize it, for e.g. take the DivX Fast profile, under the ffmpeg-video option make it -vn

This will disable the video, leaving behind only the audio. Change the ffmpeg-ext to .mp3, change the ffmpeg-audio to a mp3 codec and you'll be set.

You'll have to put some work into it but it can work.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Thanks for the help!

I've tried making the changes you suggested (and using info found at ffmpeg.org), but unfortunately I cannot get it to work. No file is produced after MCEbuddy processes my video. My profile is:

[DivX AVI Fast]
order=ffmpeg
ffmpeg-video=-nv
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec libmp3lame -ab 160k
ffmpeg-ext=.mp3

Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Refer to the MCEBuddy Documenatation on writing profiles. Also you've got the video parameters wrong.

Here is a sample to get started, I haven't tested it but see if it works.

[MP3]

Description=Convert to audio only MP3 output

order=ffmpeg

ffmpeg-general=-threads 0

ffmpeg-video=-vn

ffmpeg-audio=-acodec libmp3lame -ab 160k

ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec libmp3lame -ab 160k

ffmpeg-ext=.mp3

ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip

skipcropping=true

fixedresolution=true

2ChannelAudio=true

I assume you're NOT planning on using commercial cutting with this (i.e. set the commercial removal options to NONE on your conversion task page when using this profile)
Nov 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM

The above profile I've put will work in 2.3.9 (tested) with commercial removal enabled. 2.3.9 will be out in a few days.