This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Subtitle in 2.3.8

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Hi,

i just realized since 2.3.8 it seems most of the subtitles are empty.

i upgraded from 2.2.x and there it worked like a charm.

i foudn a new setting TVDB seried ID etc.

i wasn#t aware of that in previos versions, so i wonder if i have to enetr anytheng there ?

Thx,

Oliver

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:02 AM

log exerpt:

INFORMATION> 2012-11-24T09:02:03 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Extracting MCE Tags
2012-11-24T09:02:03 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Extracting Windows Media Center meta data
INFORMATION> 2012-11-24T09:02:04 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Skipping downloading Series details
2012-11-24T09:02:04 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Video Tags extracted -> Title: Kleine Prinzessin
SubTitle:
Description: Ich will mein Puppentheater / Ich will ein Muttertagsgeschenk Ich will mein Puppentheater ŠDie kleine Prinzessin sieht gerne Kaspertheaterstücke und möchte nun selber eines aufführen. Sie übt das Märchen vom Rotkäppchen und verteilt Eintrittskarten an alle Schlossbewohner. ŠDer König und die König sollen ihr eine Puppenbühne zimmern, der Koch Popcorn herstellen. Das übergießt sie üppig mit Sirup und pfropft alles in ihren Puppenwagen. ŠAls sie den ausräumt, um die Bühne aufzubauen, kleben alle Puppen aneinander und sind unbespielbar. Da hat die Prinzessin eine Idee. Allen Bewohnern fehlt plötzlich eine Socke. ŠIch will ein Muttertagsgeschenk ŠDie kleine Prinzessin knetet einen Kopf, bindet eine Serviette darüber, setzt aus Obst Augen und Mund ein, so dass er aussieht wir die Königin. Das ist ihr Muttertagsgeschenk. ŠLeider frisst der Hund das Obst. Sie nimmt die Knetreste, die Servi

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM

going to upload the file on mcebuddy.dyndns.org

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Without the ENTIRE log file for the convresion I can't do much. I need to replicate your settings (which are logged in the log file).

From the looks of it you've disabled Download Series Details.

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM

hi yes, i disabled the download form internet to check if this is the issue.the wtv upload just completed, i send the conversion log as well

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM

...done, uploaded via ftp.

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Help me understand what exactly you're trying to do with subtitles (extract them, use them etc?).

Also are you referring to subtitles or closed captions?

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM

i'm using them for converted names, i have a config like this:

%Showname%\%episodename%-%episode%_%Recordyear%-%recordmonth%-%recordday%

I'm recording series, and there the episode name is improtant to store them. makes sense ?

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I'm sorry I don't understand the issue. Please restate the problem statement.

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Hi,

to be honest, think i mixed things up.

i realized the subtitle tag is missing in some of the recording, so i don't have a clue how it should work.

when i upgraded from 2.2.x i extracted the cutom rename string, and i think i did a copy paste error here, and ended up with names like "- recorddate.mkv"

this overwrote all conversion tasks of the day into this single file.

never mind.

but just curious, as i didn't find an explanation.

what is this imdb and TVDb ID for ?

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I still have no clue as to what your issue with Subtitles is.

The IMDB and TVDB fields are provided to override the default ones that are retrieved from the websites to determine episode and season information. This is because sometime the metadata (title name and episode name) don't exactly match the website which leads to the wrong information being retrieved. You should not have to use this your Season and Episode information are working correctly.