Move subdir when converting and moving file?

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

If I have mcebuddy monitoring c:\x\ and it is converting a file named c:\x\Person Of Interest\Season 01\Person.of.Interest.SxxExx.some.episode.wmv can the option to move subdirs be added so the file after being converted to mp4 ends up in the same subdirs in it's new locations? i.e. c:\moved x\Person Of Interest\Season 01\Person.of.Interest.SxxExx.some.episode.mp4

I'm having to handle file renaming outside of mcebuddy because I do not have always on internet service but even with file renaming turned off in mcebuddy I end up with only the file in the new location losing the Showname/Season subdirs it created.

As an alternative the option to have it create Showname/Season subdirs from the filename without internet lookup would accomplish the same thing.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I don't think I understood what you want, but if I'm guessing you want the output to be the same directory/subdirectory as original file.

If that's the case, just leave the destination folder blank in the conversion task (rest your mouse over destination to get more details). If you want to retain the original name uncheck rename files.

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Paraphrased version:   mcebuddy moves the files from the "Recorded TV" to the "TV Shows" dir but it strips out the subdirs under Recorded TV the wtv file was in where I want to keep them.

In other words I'd like to keep the Showname\Season XX\filename convention...currently the only way to get showname\season paths is to let mcebuddy rename the file where I'm asking for an option for it to create them either from the source path OR from the information in the filename ie the SxxExx if present when renaming is NOT turned on.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Unfortunatley there i no way to do that automatically. How will MCEBuddy know where to stop the directory chain, 1 level up, 2 levels or n levels (upto C:\).

The best thing to do is to create custom conversion tasks for each series/type you have and create a custom sub directory structures for each task.

E.g.

Task1 = file filter may have *NCIS*, use Custom directory name -> NCIS\%convertedfile% etc etc