This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Rename Only

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Is there a way to have MCEBuddy rename the orignal file only. I tried the "WTV No Recode" but something is still being done because it takes a while to run and the file sizes are very different. All I want is the rename.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2013 at 8:46 PM

It's implemented in 2.3.12 - check the EARLY ACCESS release thread to see how to get a hld of the BETA version untilthe stable version is launched.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

So I installed 2.3.12, as I want to do the same thing (rename only, no processing), but I am getting some files that won't be renamed.  The log is below. It looks like it still thinks it wants to do some conversions instead of just a straight rename, as it is complaining about the file having DRM set (I assume that is what the copyright complaint in the log is in reference to). Shouldn't rename just ignore DRM?  Renaming WTV files with DRM does not affect playback.

--> Starting conversion - DEBUG MESSAGES
--> Windows OS Version -> Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
--> Windows 64Bit -> True
--> MCEBuddy Platform -> 64 Bit
--> MCEBuddy Current Version : 2.3.12.0
--> Task -> Rename WTV only
Profile -> WTV Unprocessed
Source File -> G:\Recorded TV\The Big Bang Theory_TBSHD_2013_01_23_20_28_00.wtv
Destination Path -> G:\Video\TV Series
Working Path -> G:\MCEBuddy\working0
Fallback Destination -> False
Max Width -> 1920
Quality Multipltier -> 1
Volume Multipltier -> 0
DRC -> True
Force Stereo -> True
Profile Audio Language ->
Audio Offset -> 0
Start Trim -> 0
End Trim -> 0
Closed Captions ->
Closed Captions Offset -> 3.1
Commercial Removal -> None
Custom Comskip INI Path ->
Download Series Details -> True
TVDB Series Id ->
IMDB Series Id ->
Rename by Series -> True
Alt Rename by Series -> False
Custom Rename by Series -> \%showname%\Season %season%#\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename% - %airyear%-%airmonth%-%airday%
File Selection Pattern ->
Show Selection Pattern ->
Extract XML -> False
Disable Cropping -> False
Task Commercial Skip Cut -> False
Domain Name -> diskstation
User Name -> andrew
Password -> *******
Task Enabled -> True

--> Max Concurrent Jobs -> 1
--> Commercial Skip Cut (profile + task) -> False
--> Locale Language -> ENG
--> .NET Framework Version -> 4.0, Service Pack -> 0
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> File The Big Bang Theory_TBSHD_2013_01_23_20_28_00.wtv checking for showname filter ><
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> System language for stream purposes is English (United States) (eng)
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> System language for stream purposes is English (United States) (eng)
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Checking for disk space
2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> File size -> 3.278076 GB
2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Destination space -> 2104.498 GB
2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Working space -> 2104.498 GB
2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Required free space -> 4.917114 GB
2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Max concurrent conversion jobs -> 1
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Getting show information and banner from Internet sources
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Extracting MCE Tags
2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Extracting Windows Media Center meta data
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Downloading Series details
2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Video Tags extracted -> Title: The Big Bang Theory
SubTitle: The Staircase Implementation
Description: Leonard tells Penny about how he met Sheldon for the first time...and what happened to the elevator.
Network: TBS HD
Genres: Comedy,Series
Season: 3
Episode: 22
Banner: C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\cache\The Big Bang Theory.jpg
Banner URL: http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/graphical/80379-g23.jpg
MovieDB MovieId:
TVDB SeriesId: 80379
Is Show Movie: False
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2010-05-17T00:00:00
RecordedDateTime: 2013-01-23T20:28:02
CopyProtected: True

ERROR> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> ERROR: VIDEO IS COPYPROTECTED. CONVERSION WILL FAIL
ERROR> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> ERROR: VIDEO IS COPYPROTECTED. CONVERSION WILL FAIL
INFORMATION> 2013-01-24T10:04:13 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob -->

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

True, I'll fix in the next BETA build of 2.3.12 today.

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Thanks!  I'll pick it up then and give it a test and report back.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

So since I was having trouble with the 64 bit beta builds installing (from the issue tracker, still doesn't work with the 1/25/13 11:00 pm build), I installed the 32 bit version to check out the change.  Running the 1/25/13 11:00 pm build.  The same files still fail with the same error message.  Now what is interesting, is I looked at the TV series in question, and other episodes that MCEBuddy has renamed/moved also have the copy protect bit set.  It is something odd about these 5 files.  I am uploading The Big Bang Theory_TBSHD_2013_01_22_21_30_00.wtv into the ftp server that shows the example of this problem.

Also I noticed the during the conversions that worked, despite the listing of this profile as "WTV unprocessed"  it is still remuxing to a ts file and then remuxing back to wtv.  Is this just an artifact of the code path taken?  Seems like a lot of extra copies for an "unprocessed" file (which I assume doesn't allow commercial skipping, etc).

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM

upload the log file along with teh WTv file and I'll check it out. I've rebuilt the 64bit version and uploaded it last night.

Regarding the Remuxing, unfortunately that's an architectural requirement to remux eveything to TS format since that's the one universal format recognized by all 3rx party tools for processing like encoding, trimming, commercial identification, etc etc.

It adds a few minutes of remuxing overhead but it's a huge overall benefit. Without this single step, I can guarantee a lot many more bugs due to the complexity that will be introduced :)

The good news however it's just remuxing and NOT recoding, so no loss of quality unless the file is corrupted in which case mcebuddy tries to recover it using the pretty much raw video quality which again doesn't really reduce quality, just takes a butt load of time.

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Understand the concept of having everything in a TS format for processing (and realize it doesn't lose any quality), guess I was under the impression that that "WTV unprocessed" was not doing any processing and hence wouldn't need to go WTV->TS->WTV.  Not a big deal, just observed the behavior.

On the 64 bit build, I did try last nights build as I said (1/25/13 11:00 pm time stamp), still has same error.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I put The Big Bang Theory_TBSHD_2013_01_22_21_30_00.wtv file as well as the log showing the failed conversion up on the ftp server.

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM

thanks, tested and working now with the latest 29th jan BETA release

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Awesome, I'll give it a test on my system tonight!

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Just tried it and it still fails for me.  Same error.  I ran the same file that I uploaded.  I tried both the 64 bit and 32bit versions just in case, same result on each.  odd that the file works for you, I wonder what the difference is?

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Have you checked Rename Only? Are you using the 29th Jan build?

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM

So yes I was using the Jan 29th build, but to be honest when I switched to the beta version and saw the "WTV unprocessed" option I thought that was it.  I hadn't looked in the advanced section to find the rename/sort only option (and kind of surprised it is there given your comment on remuxing above).  At any rate it works fine now.  Sorry for the user error. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I got back to trying out the beta and recommendations you posted and so far its working out great. I found the rename only and ability to move to separate folders for recorded move or recorded tv and that's working great. I am still having a couple of issues though,
  1. I moved my recordings to a test folder where I try out different settings till i get it right and now MB wont process some of the shows. It says "File already converted with status Converted", and skips them. I cant seem to find how to reset this so that it does not see them as already processed.
  2. I found how to move a file to a "Movies" folder if its a move and a "TVShows" folder if its a tv show "%ismovie%<Movie\,TVShows>" but is their a way to enable 1 customer file renaming for a move and a different one for a tvshow. my movie renames come out like this "The Little Engine That Could - SE - " and I would just like to be the name and year.
Thanks
Feb 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Ok after some reading I found the answer to my 2 questions above just didnt go far enough with the movie thing, and I found the history file. But once I got that figured out I started having 2 new problems.
  1. For some reason "The Office" renames movies without the title ex: The Office - S02E09 - .
    I have about 4 recordings of the office all from season 9 and they all rename the same way. and they all say their S02E09 which is wrong they should be S09EXX. I know I have mcebuddy setup correctly because I copy a bunch of files to the watched folder and almost all of them rename correctly. Mabye its because of a US version of "The Office".
  2. the next problem is that "The Mindy Project" does not rename correctly here is what I get from it. "The Mindy Project - S01E13 - Harry & Sally (1)"
This one I can also find on thetvdb.com the problem with this one is "Harry & Sally" part it should be "Harry & Sally"

Im not sure how to attach logs.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
you can open an "issue" and attach the logs
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I saw the log file, I need a copy of the Office WTV file to debug this - something's not right here.
Feb 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM
<div> <div style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif; font-size:11pt">Its a few gig can I upload it like the log file.<br> <br> Armando<br> <br> Sent from my Windows Phone<br> </div> </div> <hr> <span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">From:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">rboy1</span><br>
<span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">Sent:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">2/8/2013 8:33 PM</span><br>
<span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">To:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">areyes3@live.com
style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">Subject:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">Re: Rename Only [mcebuddy2x:406433]</span><br>
<br>
<p>From: rboy1</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">I saw the log file, I need a copy of the Office WTV file to debug this - something's not right here.<br> </div> <div></div>
Feb 9, 2013 at 4:19 AM
<div> <div style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif; font-size:11pt">Ok it's uploading its called &quot;The Office_KCRADT_2013_02_07_20_58_00.wtv&quot; what's weird is I got like 3 different recordings and they all have the same problem.<br> <br> Armando<br> <br> Sent from my Windows Phone<br> </div> </div> <hr> <span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">From:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">rboy1</span><br>
<span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">Sent:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">2/8/2013 8:33 PM</span><br>
<span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">To:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">areyes3@live.com
style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">Subject:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">Re: Rename Only [mcebuddy2x:406433]</span><br>
<br>
<p>From: rboy1</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">I saw the log file, I need a copy of the Office WTV file to debug this - something's not right here.<br> </div> <div></div>
Feb 9, 2013 at 5:03 AM
<div dir="ltr">Seems like something is wrong with the server my upload timed out and now I cant even get in through the ftp from a webpage. <div><br> </div> <div>Armando<br> <br> <div> <div id="SkyDrivePlaceholder"></div> <hr id="stopSpelling"> From: [email removed]<br> To: [email removed]<br> Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 20:33:46 -0800<br> Subject: Re: Rename Only [mcebuddy2x:406433]<br> <br> From: rboy1<br> <div id="ecxThreadNotificationPostBody">I saw the log file, I need a copy of the Office WTV file to debug this - something's not right here.<br> </div> <div id="ecxThreadNotificationFooter">Read the <a href="http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/406433#post998809" target="_blank"> full discussion online</a>.<br> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (<a href="mailto:mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com?subject=[mcebuddy2x:406433]">mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com</a>)<br> To start a new discussion for this project, email <a href="mailto:mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com"> mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com</a><br> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can <a href="https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/406433/unsubscribe/" target="_blank"> unsubscribe</a> on CodePlex.com.<br> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com<br> </div> </div> </div> </div>
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Try now there was a power outage here last night.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
the problem was that TVDB has multiple the The Office series and it was picking the wrong series, I've fixed that in the next BETA build.
Feb 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
<div dir="ltr">Thanks, Ill cancel the upload then, Did you also see that there was a problem with &quot;The Mindy Project&quot; It was also in the ticket. Im uploading the video now. <div><br> </div> <div>Armando<br> <br> <div> <div id="SkyDrivePlaceholder"></div> <hr id="stopSpelling"> From: [email removed]<br> To: [email removed]<br> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 07:37:06 -0800<br> Subject: Re: Rename Only [mcebuddy2x:406433]<br> <br> From: rboy1<br> <div id="ecxThreadNotificationPostBody">the problem was that TVDB has multiple the The Office series and it was picking the wrong series, I've fixed that in the next BETA build.<br> </div> <div id="ecxThreadNotificationFooter">Read the <a href="http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/406433#post998910" target="_blank"> full discussion online</a>.<br> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (<a href="mailto:mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com?subject=[mcebuddy2x:406433]">mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com</a>)<br> To start a new discussion for this project, email <a href="mailto:mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com"> mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com</a><br> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can <a href="https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/406433/unsubscribe/" target="_blank"> unsubscribe</a> on CodePlex.com.<br> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com<br> </div> </div> </div> </div>
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Yes I did and I've fixed it in the next BETA. thanks for reporting.

BTw not sure why your response are garbled.
Feb 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM
<div> <div style="font-family:Calibri,sans-serif; font-size:11pt">Thanks for ur help, this is a great piece of software. I'll be sure to donate again after payday. Well worth the money.<br> <br> Armando<br> <br> Sent from my Windows Phone<br> </div> </div> <hr> <span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold">From:
</span><span style="font-family:Tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:10pt">2/9/2013 10:42 AM</span><br>
<br>
<p>From: rboy1</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">Yes I did and I've fixed it in the next BETA. thanks for reporting. <br> <br> BTw not sure why your response are garbled.<br> </div> <div></div>
Feb 10, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Wow didn't realize my post were doing this when replying from my phone. Anyways tried the new beta and things worked perfectly, Thanks again.