This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How do I start a conversion immediately after program airs?

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

How do I start a conversion immediately after program airs? I don't have any "scheduling" setup and would like to have it start right away. It is usually converting all the programs around 11:30 pm. I am using the latest version of MCEBuddy and Windows 7. 

Any help or thoughts?

Cheers!

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Setup a Monitor Task and point it your recorded TV directory, sitback and enjoy

Refer to the Getting started manual

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have been using MCEBuddy for more than a year and a half. I understand what most of the settings are for and what they do. I have had the program set up exactly like you recommended in the "Getting Started Manual" and I still have the problem. I think I will delete all the current "tasks" and see if something was just not quite right with all the old tasks. I use to have the task convert the programs during the over night hours, but recently I have wanted them convert immediately after the TV show airs. I will keep you posted if the changes make a difference. I was hoping I was over-looking a small setting or something that was making the conversion tasks not start immediately.

As always, thanks for the great program. Also, thanks for the closing the item in the "Issue Tracker" section...things seem to be working so I am leaning toward the idea that the drivers got changed or corrupted. I appreciate your time and patience in working through the problem with me.

Cheers

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2012 at 3:45 PM

4 reasons the conversion will not start immediately:

1. Minimum age before conversion set to non 0

2. File is locked by another process (look in mcebuddy.log for the details)

3. There is a Start/Stop time for the conversion

4. Conversion task is disabled (it won't start at all then)

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Edited Dec 15, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Thanks for the clarification; I will look into the 4 reasons stated above. I will report back...

Cheers!