This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Minimum Age - want to increase from 720 hours

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Edited Dec 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Thanks for MCEBuddy!

i know you switched from days to hours and i can see how that helps people who want really quick conversions but i actually like not converting until 2 months or even 3 months after air date.

720 hours = 30 days

anyway in a future release you could add?

1440 hours = 60 days

2160 hours = 90 days

i have gone into the mcebuddy.conf file and manually updated it but it always defaults back to 720 when i run mcebuddy

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Ok, well I am an Idiot! .. i stopped the MCEBuddy Service and then updated the conf file and it updates fine.

however it still would be nice to add those 2 settings back in as i have to manually choose a number from the dropdown or i get an error when i try to close out of settings.. 

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Yes with the newer versions of MCEBuddy you need to stop the service before updating the mcebuddy.conf file (profile.conf updates works on the fly). This is to preserve data integrity since remoting is now allowed in MCEBuddy.

regarding your issue, I'll add the options in the next release.

Dec 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Although I'm curious for the sake of understanding - why would you like to wait so long before converting video's?

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM

if we don't watch tv show in 90 days then i like to convert it to a smaller file so that it's not taking up so much space.   wife and i record a lot of tv and this is a WAF proof way of saying hey if you can't watch the show in 3 months i'm gonna move it out of the recorded tv show folder into videos in a much smaller size.