This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Names for XBMC

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Hi

The good news... 2.3.11 fixed my playback problem.  Thanks so much.  But, I cant get a filename that works with XBMC library.  I don't seem to be getting the eposde info. Let me know what I'm doing wrong.  I've been told others have used MCEBuddy just for this.

My Settings.

Profile: WTV Unprocessed

Checked: Rename and Sort by Video Inormation - Download Series Info - Use MC compatible naming & Extract MC Information

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Looks alright you'll have to upload the conversion log for the file to see whats going on with the metadata

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM

It seems I spoke to soon.  The renaming seems to be working It just does a better job with more current shows.  But, I'm still having problems with playback but only in XBMC and only AFTER the show has been renamed.  Shows before AND after renaming playback fine in Media Center and the BEFORE files play fine in XBMC. It just after the file has been renamed do I get problems.  I'm not sure if this is a MCE Buddy issue or something with XBMC.  Let me know what you think. I also tried it in XBMC 11 with the same resaults

Thanks so much

Here's the log from XBMC:

:00:15 T:5640   ERROR: ffmpeg[1608]: [wtv] unknown guid 00000000000000000000000000000000, expected dir_entry_guid; remaining directory entries ignored
08:00:15 T:5640   ERROR: ffmpeg[1608]: [wtv] timeline data missing
08:00:15 T:5640   ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - Error, could not open file C:\Users\paul\Desktop\S09E11-A Lovely Landing Strip After.wtv
08:00:15 T:5640   ERROR: CDVDFileInfo::ExtractThumb - Error creating demuxer

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Papreston, is the file "S09E11-A Lovely Landing Strip After.wtv" before or after renaming ? 

I had an issue where Plex ( client is a fork of the XBMC code ) would scrape in the file before it was renamed and therefore after the file was renamed it couldnt find it.

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM

What Profile and settings are you using?

Have you reported this to XBMC also? (since it appears to be working in WMP)

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I have not posted at XBMC yet.  I wanted to see if you had any ideas first,  My settings are below.

Thanks

My Settings.

Profile: WTV Unprocessed

Checked: Rename and Sort by Video Inormation - Download Series Info - Use MC compatible naming & Extract MC Information

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I've replicated the issue, It would be better if you reported this to XBMC, they appear to be using ffmpeg which until recently had limited support for wtv formats. They should update the library to the Dec 20th or later build and I think the problem will go away.

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Okay I've confirmed this is an XBMC issue, they are using an outdated version of ffmpeg which isn't able to process the file properly. Please report this isue to them, they need to update their libraries.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Thanks so much.... will do!