This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

New User - XBMC File Renaming Question!

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I'm pretty impressed so far with MCEBuddy.  Commercial cuts and conversion of a .ts stream from NextPVR works really well. 

Next thing for me is renaming shows in XBMC format, but the question I can't seem to find the answer to (or make work on my own) is this - does file renaming work for .ts streams, or .wtv only?  I don't think there's ANY metadata within a .ts stream, and the file name from NextPVR (Showname + airdate +time) doesn't seem to be enough to pull off the metadata from TVDB, although I read here that renaming DOESN'T use the filename. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM

File renaming works for all files if the metadata is present. There is a checkbox for MC compatible naming (XBMC).

For TS files, it look for a corresponding NFO file which is created by some recording software, the NFO file is an XML file that contains the details of the show. The minimum information required for a metadata match is a showname and air date or showname and episode name.

For TS files MCEBuddy considers the filename as the showname and looks for the remaining metadata from the NFO file

Does NextPVR generate a XML/NFO file with the metadata?

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM

No NFO file, I'll have to look into XML.  Thanks for the speedy response!

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Give me the format of the file name (exact) with an example and I'll see how to parse it to extract the showname and airdate to lookup information from the internet.

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Note that I need the AIR DATE and time for ORIGINAL recording and not CURRENT recording (ie. Record Date/Time) to match the information. Does NextPVR provide this? If so it may work else the XML file in MediaPortal tags is the other way to do it.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I'm new to NextPVR as well, but I'll see what I can do. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

The Following_20130121_20592200.ts

So it looks like it's Showname_yyyyymmdd_hhmmssss.ts.  I'm only recording new episodes, so could you assume that the yyyymmdd is the original air date?

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 4:37 AM

done and the tested will be there in the next BETA build

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Fantastic!  Donation made, I really appreciate your efforts!