This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Other shared computers can not see MCEBuddy's converted files

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Any file that MCEBuddy converts my other computers on my home network can not see the file. I can see it on the computer that it was converted on but not the others. I have the folder shared and if I put any other file into that folder then the other computers can see it. In fact if I take a file that was converted that was saved in another folder and then copy it into the shared folder then I can see it from the other computers. Some reason when MCEBuddy's destination folder is shared then other computers can not see it. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I am using Windows 7. One of the other computers is running Windows 8 and another XP. I have also tried it with the Raspberry PI running XBMC and the same applies for that for not being able to see it on the windows 7 computer

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Check the persmission of teh converted file. You need to ensure that the Folder and the files are inheriting the permsissions from the parent folder and the parent folder has the permission you need for others to view the files.

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:19 AM

That was it!! Thank You. I did not realize that you have to specify for the sharing of a folder to be inherited by the new files that are saved in the folder. I am still learning windows 7 so thank you very much.