ShowAnalyzer

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Why when I installed MCEBuddy 2.3 did I end up with ShowAnalyzer on my PC?   Is this necessary for the operation of MCEBuddy?  I thought it was a standalone program which both removed the commercials and converted the files.   Can I uninstall this unwanted program?

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM

It's on my PC as well and it crashes all the time and causes MCEBuddy to crash.  I'm interested in knowing if we can uninstall this as well.

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Yes you can uninstall it, no issues.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Can we have some explanation of why it is included in the installation package.  it is common for programs to try to install toolbars and search engines et. but I have never heard of one installing what is virtually a competitor.  Surely, the decent thing would have been to give the user the option of installing both programs.  And they have the nerve to ask for donations on the same page!

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I don't think I understand your point. MCEBuddy support ShowAnalyzer and Comskip - two competing commercial detection softwares. Both are free, except that Comskip can be bundled with MCEBuddy where as ShowAnalyzer needs to be installed separately.

AGain, neither competes with MCEBuddy, rather with each other where as MCEBuddy can use them both, i.e. provide users an option to choose the one of their choice for commecial detection.

The automaticaly installtion was done for ease of the users since it give them an option. However going forward I've included a prompt to install ShowAnalyzer. If you still don't want to use/install it - it's your choice / your loss.