This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Allow 2 resolution choices depending on whether source is SD or HD

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Hi

Some of my channels are HD but most are SD. My tablet does 720p so I tell MCE BUDDY to use a horizontal resolution of 1280. This works great for HD, but where the source is SD it is getting expanded and looks awful. Would it be possible to add a check box 'don't enlarge videos' or alternatively include 2 sliders, one for SD and one for HD?

King Regards

Nigel
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2013 at 5:00 AM
MCEBuddy never enlarges (upscales) videos if the resolution of the video is < max resolution it is left alone. The issue you're facing is with the SAR/DAR. You need to post your conversion log. What profile are you using?
Feb 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Hi

Where the upscaling had occured, I was using MP4 normal. I re-encoded as MP4 fast and all was OK with the same video (output res same as source).

Interestingly, the log for the video conversion that resulted in the upscaling was 80 MB, while the later one using MP4 Fast was < 1MB.

Both video's are uploading to your FTP as we speak in the folder 'nigelwlogs'. Big log is the one to look at.

Kind Regards

Nigel
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Okay the issue is not the size but the cropping and encoder, some encoders (like handbrake automatically compensate for cropping and SAR/DAR ratios) while other like Mencoder don't.

I've put a fix for this but I need a file to test it. Can you upload a sample file I can use to test the issue (with MP4 Normal) profile
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I can do, but am on holiday for a week! Can you suggest a decent file splitter as the original is quite big.

Nigel

On 16 February 2013 15:09:39 "rboy1" wrote:

Okay the issue is not the size but the cropping and encoder, some encoders (like handbrake automatically compensate for cropping and SAR/DAR ratios) while other like Mencoder don't.

I've put a fix for this but I need a file to test it. Can you upload a sample file I can use to test the issue (with MP4 Normal) profile
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
It's on the FTP server, just spilt about 500MB and upload it (upload the 1st chunk only)
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Hi

Remoted in from my tablet and started it copying to same folder as log files on your ftp. I have not split it. It's 1.5GB. Will take a while due to my awful upstream speed.! If you need more examples, just shout!

Many thanks

Nigel

On 16 February 2013 15:19:29 "rboy1" wrote:

It's on the FTP server, just spilt about 500MB and upload it (upload the 1st chunk only)
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 6:38 AM
fixed in next build