Comskip INI

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I have scoured the internet for good comskip.ini's, but even on the comskip developers page there aren't any really good ones available. I used try to convert all my shows with one ini, but soon realized that having a custom comskip.ini for different channels was the way to go, because so many channels handle their logo appearance and black/silent frames differently.

The developers here at MCEBuddy have such a fantastic program and the use of custom tasks within the MCEBuddy GUI allows you to setup a different task for different comskip.ini's. I have uploaded 4 of my tweaked comskip.ini's to the MCEBuddy ftp site (mcebuddy.dyndns.org). They include an ini for FX, ABC, USA, and a general for all other channels. I am in the US and use Comcast.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Thanks, I've created a dedicated page for the custom comskip.ini's

http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Custom%20Comskip%20INI%27s

It's also linked on the main Documentation page.
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I've uploaded four of my custom comskip.ini's. I've re-organized the parameters a little to make it easier to find things. Interesting to see what values others are using. I actually find that tuning the brightness and uniformity values has had little affect on correctly identifying commericals. I've found the most difficult part is removing the shows before/after without clipping the program. Tuning this aspect can be highly dependent on how much extra you record on either side of the show. My tune for NFL Network was the hardest due to a ticker, inconsistent logo placement, and numerous aspect ratio changes from highlight clips. I suspect this tune will also work well with other sports prgramming, such as ESPN.