This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Use meta data channel to select comskip.ini

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I have read the advanced configuration documentation and searched the net looking for a way to create a task which can select the comskip.ini file using the channel name where the program was recorded. So far, no luck. If such a feature is available could someone point me to it? Or, if not, is there any chance it could be added in a future build?

When I view the xml file created with the recording I see an entry like the following:

<channel>AMCHD</chqnnel>

I think it could be useful to use that entry in a comskip.ini file selection.

e.g.,
\inifiles\%channel%.ini if the field is valid and
\inifiles\default.ini if not.
Mar 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM
You can use that metadata filter (Showname filter) to create a separate conversion task for each channel (you can list all the shows here with a ; from that channel.
Then assign a comskip.ini for each conversion task.

Unfortunately channel metadata is something MCEBuddy is not using today, only Showname for filtering. It's something I can keep in mind for future release if other users are interested in it.
Mar 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM
rboy1 wrote:
You can use that metadata filter (Showname filter) to create a separate conversion task for each channel (you can list all the shows here with a ; from that channel.
Then assign a comskip.ini for each conversion task.

Unfortunately channel metadata is something MCEBuddy is not using today, only Showname for filtering. It's something I can keep in mind for future release if other users are interested in it.
I know about the Showname filter. I tried that already. The problem I have is that I don't know which movies I may wish to record on which channels. Once I decide to record a movie on TCMHD or ACMHD I then need to stop mcebuddy, edit the task for the related channel to add the movie name and also edit the default task to add the movie name to the avoid list.

At some point the Showname filter selection and avoid lists become long and cluttered and should be cleaned. I think selection and avoidance by channel name might be cleaner and require less maintenance. Just my opinion though. Others might not agree.
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Sandpipper wrote:
I have read the advanced configuration documentation and searched the net looking for a way to create a task which can select the comskip.ini file using the channel name where the program was recorded. So far, no luck. If such a feature is available could someone point me to it? Or, if not, is there any chance it could be added in a future build?

When I view the xml file created with the recording I see an entry like the following:

<channel>AMCHD</chqnnel>

I think it could be useful to use that entry in a comskip.ini file selection.

e.g.,
\inifiles\%channel%.ini if the field is valid and
\inifiles\default.ini if not.
What XML file are you referring to here? Who created this XML file?

According to MediaPortal specification the channel in enclosed in the following tag:
<channel_name></channel_name>
Mar 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
done in teh next beta build
Mar 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM
rboy1 wrote:
done in teh next beta build
Wow! That was fast. Many thanks.

Which name did you use? I am assuming channel_name. Is this in the 03/03/2013 build?
Mar 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
yes

it supports both Channel_name and channel.

Send me a copy of your xml metadata file when you get a moment
Mar 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM
ok, lurking here, I created a task to identify the network from the file name match (ie...

with
90210_KCWEDT_-2013_02_11_20_00_01.wtv
Castle_KMBCDT_-2013_02_11_20_59_00.wtv

I have multiple task for each set of station call letters,
a task for a file name match (asterek)KCWEDT(asterek),
a task for a file name match (asterek)KMBCDT(asterek)

(asterek) represents the Uppercase 8 symbol on keyboard)

and then each task had it's own setup, including comskip.ini. I am not sure where to use <Channel_name> and <channel> to make that selection.
Mar 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
laffer98 wrote:
ok, lurking here, I created a task to identify the network from the file name match (ie...

with
90210_KCWEDT_-2013_02_11_20_00_01.wtv
Castle_KMBCDT_-2013_02_11_20_59_00.wtv

I have multiple task for each set of station call letters,
a task for a file name match (asterek)KCWEDT(asterek),
a task for a file name match (asterek)KMBCDT(asterek)

(asterek) represents the Uppercase 8 symbol on keyboard)

and then each task had it's own setup, including comskip.ini. I am not sure where to use <Channel_name> and <channel> to make that selection.
If you have the 2013/03/03 build or later then the advanced settings will have an entry labeled Channel. All you need to do is enter the channel name such as KCWEDT in that field. However, you need to have a look at the log from one task run. The reason is, the meta data channel name retrieved may not match the guide name.

e.g., for me, the guide name is HSTRYHD but the meta data string retrieved for "network" is "History HD".

Therefore, when I entered HSTRYHD in the Channel field it failed. Changing that to History* worked. Hope that helps some.
Mar 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM
rboy1 wrote:
yes

it supports both Channel_name and channel.

Send me a copy of your xml metadata file when you get a moment
Sorry to take so long with the xml file. I wanted to collect some additional data prior to sending it. I have uploaded
a zip file called Sandpipper.zip. It contains a copy of my mcebuddy config directory, a copy of the postprocess.bat
file used by npvr, a copy of the mcebuddy log file for the run that should have used the xml file and also the folder
that was dropped into the folder monitored by mcebuddy.

Some comments about my system environment. I am running an OS X 10.8.2 system with an intel Ivy Bridge Core I5.
It has 16Gb ran and lots of drive space. On OS X I run XBMC and a PLEX server. I also run parallels which supports my
Windows 7 Pro virtual system. That's where I run Windows Media Center, NPVR and MCEbuddy.

The recording was done using NPVR and the program run in the postprocessing.bat is what produced the xml file.
I noticed that the meta data in the xml file is different than what Midea Center places in the wtv file it records.

As far as I can tell from the mcebuddy log, the xml file is not being used. If I have not provided the data you wanted
let me know and I will try to provide it.

I think I am going to let Media Center provide the recording from now on and just keep npvr to support live TV viewing
for XBMS. I think that will keep me more main stream.
Mar 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM
In the next BETA build you'll find the support for the XML format file you're supplied me.
Mar 5, 2013 at 10:03 PM
rboy1 wrote:
In the next BETA build you'll find the support for the XML format file you're supplied me.
Outstanding! And lightening fast as well :) I just pulled a copy of the 3/5/13 beta. If it's in that one I will test it later this evening. Or is it in the build after 3/5/13?
Mar 6, 2013 at 1:05 AM
That's the one

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Sandpipper <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

rboy1 wrote:
Outstanding! And lightening fast as well :) I just pulled a copy of the 3/5/13 beta. If it's in that one I will test it later this evening. Or is it in the build after 3/5/13?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com