Anyone know if Microsoft recently pushed a patch to WMC that kills MCE buddy?

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:31 PM
All recordings that I have that have been processed by MCE buddy will not play in WMC. These are recordings that have previously been confirmed to work, but no longer work. Recordings that I have that haven't yet been processed by MCE buddy play fine. I'm using the WTV unprocessed profile.

Haven't tried to play the recordings on a different machine yet but I'll try it out and report back.
Mar 5, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I tried playing recorded TV shows that I scanned with MCE buddy using the WTV unprocessed profile and they don't work on any machines on WMC. I get a decoder error. Is this happening to anyone else?
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Sounds like a filter problem.

What version of MCEBuddy are you using?
Mar 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I am new to this. Using Windows 8 MCE. I had the same problem. I changed from WTV unprocessed to plain old WTV for the output file and this seems to work. However it is taking a very long time to process the recorded shows.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Funny thing, I was doing some testing here. I'm able to play some WTV Unprocessed files on one latpop and but the same file is not playing on another laptop.
I'm pretyt sure it's a filter issue, something is messing up my other laptop otherwise it won'tplay on the 1st laptop.
Mar 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I haven't been able to find time to check out what version of MCE buddy I"m running but it is one of the beta builds from your early release process.

I have tried playing them on a Win8 and a Win7 machine and they don't work.

I haven't installed any codecs/splitters other than what comes with a base install from windows. I declined to install the splitters/codecs from the MCE Buddy install.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
try playing with teh ffdshow settings, possibly the mpeg2 in avi setting and others. That's the only difference I could trace between the computers otherwise identical.