This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Rename of Filename for Season and Episode fails - Help

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Edited Mar 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I am using the following [Conversion Task]

Original File: WTV
Profile: MP4 Normal
ComSkip: Yes
Rename and sort by video info: Yes
Enable Custom File Renameing: Yes
String: %showname%\Season %season%\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%
Expected Outcome: Title\Season 1\Title - S01E02 - Subtitle

Works with many of the shows however I have some it just doesn't work on (Naming Season & Episode), I have added the ZIP file to this post to review. I see it does get all other correct METADATA for the episode so I am confused as to where it gets some but not all.

I have put in a good rename along with two bad renames in the zip file (They are big since they are in DEBUG mode.)

Log Files in ZIP format or http://www.greatknight.com/MCEBuddy/MCEBuddyLogs.zip

Please direct me to the right discussion if this has already been addressed.

Regards, Jason
Mar 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Jason the latest BETA release has significant enhancements to the metadata management and would likely fix most of your issues.

Would suggest you try it and if you're still facing any issues please upload the log file for the conversion.
Mar 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Hello,

Installed it and testing now – Thank you.

Regards,

Jason Israel

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone.

Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 4:21 PM
To: jknight2@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Rename of Filename for Season and Episode fails - Help [mcebuddy2x:435944]

Jason the latest BETA release has significant enhancements to the metadata management and would likely fix most of your issues.

Would suggest you try it and if you're still facing any issues please upload the log file for the conversion.

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Problems are still happening now on most conversions - I think I may have the wrong variables but some are renamed correctly? This looks like it should work:

2013-03-11T03:39:02 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Custom Renaming Command -> %showname%\Season %season%\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%
--> Cannot find Season No
--> Cannot find Season No
--> Cannot find Episode No
--> Rename file to D:\Temp\working0\I Survived - SE - Brent; Hanna and Miranda; Karen.mp4

New Logs saved as RAR

Please let me know what I'm missing, thank you.

Jason
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Okay couple of things:
  1. The Movie matching logic had a bug which is why the movies never worked, I've fixed that (KungFu) in the next BETA Release (03112013)
    One of them - I Survived , the series information does not exist in thetvdb.com
  2. The rest 2 are working fine for me, I'm able to download the information (Walaking Dead and Bearing Sea Gold). I suspect it's a problem with your internet connection, you, if you're constantly seeing this then your connect is intermittent nad MCEBuddy is not able to connect to it
Mar 13, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Edited Mar 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM
  1. The Movie matching logic had a bug which is why the movies never worked, I've fixed that (KungFu) in the next BETA Release (03112013) One of them - I Survived , the series information does not exist in thetvdb.com
  2. The KungFu Panda is a TV series I don’t use MCEbuddy on Movies
  3. The rest 2 are working fine for me, I'm able to download the information (Walking Dead and Bearing Sea Gold). I suspect it's a problem with your internet connection, you, if you're constantly seeing this then your connect is intermittent and MCEBuddy is not able to connect to it
  4. May be possible but I run a VPN on my link to my office and it doesn’t go down – when you say it works for you can you give me any ideas?
Mar 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM
As in I put the same data into MCEBuddy to test it (created an xml file) and it picked it up and downloaded the information. So I know the code's working fine, there's some issue with your internet, check your ports or connectivity. The VPN may not go down but there may be packet loss which drops the sessions/timesout

Check your MTU, typically VPN's should use like 1300 MTU
Mar 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I'm having rename issues too instead of

"My Show - s01e02 - Episode Title"

I get

"My Show - se - Episode Title"

I set it to just sort and rename for testing
tried multiple different combinations
%season%##

%season%
None worked

Those same files I set up MetaBrowser2 to sort
and it found and renamed everything perfectly.

so there has to be a bug somewhere
Mar 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
The bug lies in the fact that it's not able to download the infromation from TVDB.com (and imdb if you have the latest version). If you need more help you need upload the conversion log to see what it's not able to get the information.

I don't konw what MetaBrowser2 uses for it's sources to download information.
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
ByteKnight wrote:
  1. The Movie matching logic had a bug which is why the movies never worked, I've fixed that (KungFu) in the next BETA Release (03112013) One of them - I Survived , the series information does not exist in thetvdb.com
  3. The rest 2 are working fine for me, I'm able to download the information (Walking Dead and Bearing Sea Gold). I suspect it's a problem with your internet connection, you, if you're constantly seeing this then your connect is intermittent and MCEBuddy is not able to connect to it
  4. May be possible but I run a VPN on my link to my office and it doesn’t go down – when you say it works for you can you give me any ideas?
The reason I assumed Kung Fu was movies was that in your WTV file there is not additional information about the subtitle/episode or broadcast date:

Title: Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness
SubTitle:
OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 0001-01-01T19:00:00

MCEBuddy needs the Title along with EITHER Original broadcast date or Episode name to search for the rest on teh internet.
Mar 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Metabrowser 2 uses imdb and tvdb to collect meta data

But I assume it's getting what data to collect from the wtv file.

Thanks
Mar 14, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Yep so if WTV isn't giving the right starting point, IMDB and TVDB will not work. BTW IMDB is only supported in teh altest build.
Mar 15, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Um ya

Ok mce buddy takes a *.wtv file and names it incorrectly

My Show - se - Episode Name

When MetaBrowser 2 can take that same *.wtv file and use the same look up IMDB & TVDB Then rename the file correctly

My Show - s01e02 - Episode Name

Sorry but there's glitch period

On a high note the %ismovie% seems to work and is very handy.

By the way %airyear% never returned a value either

Thanks
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Rather than saying period I would suggest you post your conversion log, that tells the whole story. Not a very helpful comment to being with.
I don't know how MetaBrowser works, MCEBuddy depends upon Windows filters to read the WTV file, again your log file will tell the story on your Windows filters.
Mar 15, 2013 at 6:02 AM
Okay so some pretty significant enhancements in the next BETA version.

MCEBuddy now support downloading Metadata from the following sites:
  1. IMDB
  2. TVDB
  3. TMDB
  4. TV.com
It supports both movies and tv shows.
Mar 15, 2013 at 6:11 AM
ByteKnight wrote:
BTW with today's build both kung fu and i survived are working now :) thanks to the new tv.com and revamped matching algorithms
Mar 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Problem with Install (Thought it was best here since it was updated for this issue)
  1. Uninstalled previous version of MCEBuddy2.x (No issue)
  2. Downloaded newest version of install (MCEBuddy 2.3.12 64bit - 03172013-1.zip)
  3. Rebooted PC
  4. Ran install new version (MCEBuddy 2.3.12 64bit - 03172013-1.zip) both MSI and EXE
  5. Got the following error:
Screen Capture of Error

Thank you for your review!

Plex (PMS) Version 0.9.7.17 - Ceton InfiniTV4 Quad (ComCast Atlanta - 900 Channels)
Sick Beard (TV) - Couch Potato (Movies) - MCEBuddy (CTV) - Sabnzbd (NEWS) - iTunes Server/Plex (Music)
Windows Ultimate 64bit SP1 - WEI = 4.7 - MSI 870U-G55 MB (MS-7599) - 8GB RAM - 1600 MHZ
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 645 CPU (Never OC!) - 500GB-Boot/6TB Storage - MSI Nvidia N520GT (CUDA)
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Router (Running WRT) - DVD/BluRay Writer w/M-Disk Support
x6 Roku - x3 Samsung (DVD/TV) - x2 iPad - x5 iPhone - x2 Android - x7 Windows Clients!
Mar 17, 2013 at 8:15 PM
yeah am getting a lot of bad build these days, try the 03172013-2 build
Mar 17, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  1. Download latest version of MCEBuddy (MCEBuddy 2.3.12 64bit - 03172013-3.zip)
  2. Tried to launch GUI - Failed to connect to Service
  3. Confirmed Service is running
  4. Rebooted
  5. Tried to launch GUI - Failed to connect to Service
  6. Confirmed Service is running
  7. Producing the following errors in GUI log viewer
New Error with MCEBuddy

No other changes to the system other then uninstall and install of MCEBuddy

Plex (PMS) Version 0.9.7.17 - Ceton InfiniTV4 Quad (ComCast Atlanta - 900 Channels)
Sick Beard (TV) - Couch Potato (Movies) - MCEBuddy (CTV) - Sabnzbd (NEWS) - iTunes Server/Plex (Music)
Windows Ultimate 64bit SP1 - WEI = 4.7 - MSI 870U-G55 MB (MS-7599) - 8GB RAM - 1600 MHZ
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 645 CPU (Never OC!) - 500GB-Boot/6TB Storage - MSI Nvidia N520GT (CUDA)
x6 Roku - x3 Samsung (DVD/TV) - x2 iPad - x5 iPhone - x2 Android - x7 Windows Clients!
Mar 18, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Looks like a service issue. Can you expand the 2nd line about the reflection.

Also try a clean install as in uninstall. Reboot and then install the latest 03172013-3 build I jut made today which I tested is working.

On Mar 17, 2013, at 4:31 PM, "ByteKnight" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

1. Download latest version of MCEBuddy (MCEBuddy 2.3.12 64bit - 03172013-3.zip)
  2. Tried to launch GUI - Failed to connect to Service
  3. Confirmed Service is running
  4. Rebooted
  5. Tried to launch GUI - Failed to connect to Service
  6. Confirmed Service is running
  7. Producing the following errors in GUI log viewer
New Error with MCEBuddy

No other changes to the system other then uninstall and install of MCEBuddy

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Hello, I am working now with the version 3 of the build (MCEBuddy 2.3.12 64bit - 03172013-3.zip) and the service came up and the GUI sees it, I did do as you said and uninstalled and then reinstalled and it resolved the problem. Thank you for your hard work.

From: rboy1 Looks like a service issue. Can you expand the 2nd line about the reflection. Also try a clean install as in uninstall. Reboot and then install the latest 03172013-3 build I jut made today which I tested is working.
Mar 18, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Just a follow-up: The above error has been resolved with a reinstall of the latest version!

I have started 6 conversions and will let you know how they work by tonight. (Due to my processor I do two files at a time with LOW priority)

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Still having the problem after the upgrade to the latest version of MCEBuddy - Now all of the conversions do not rename correctly when it gets to the - SE - part of the file name, what tools would I need to check that part from my PC to know nothing is blocking that connection?

The system should have been fully connected to the Internet at the end of each conversion. Would it be possible to move the Metadata gathering and renaming to the beginning of the process and put in the option not to convert (or Move the file) until ALL the data has been collected for a given TV show?

Compressed File of 10 Conversion Logs - Rename not complete on all - 8GB

Version: MCEBuddy 2.3.12 64bit - 03172013-3

As I said it worked on some shows in the past but it didn't rename ANY of the files this time with the new Beta.

Mar 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
That's because in your conversion task settings you've disabled download series details so it not connecting to get any information:

Download Series Details -> False

INFORMATION> 2013-03-18T22:36:41 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Skipping downloading Series details
Mar 21, 2013 at 4:07 AM

Everything is working now!

I did the change suggested and now the data is coming in correctly and naming the files as specified. I have added the GOOD logs just incase anyone needs to compare them, I am up to 8 now without a problem. I did have this marked in the past but it still missed half of the names until this Beta release.

I do a manual process with TV News since that data would not be in any of the databases you have listed so I just do a File Move and keep them in .WTV format.

Good Log Files - 5GB

Thank you for the support!

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:50 AM
Good.

If you sent me the news databases I will try to add then to mcebuddy.

Btw mcebuddy is the only product out there i know of that supports scraping tv.com

On Mar 20, 2013, at 11:07 PM, "ByteKnight" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Everything is working now!

I did the change suggested and now the data is coming in correctly and naming the files as specified. I have added the GOOD logs just incase anyone needs to compare them, I am up to 8 now without a problem. I did have this marked in the past but it still missed half of the names until this Beta release.

I do a manual process with TV News since that data would not be in any of the databases you have listed so I just do a File Move and keep them in .WTV format.

Good Log Files - 5GB

Thank you for the support!

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Thanks on the offer on the news database connection however I can not see who would have the Metadata for it.

Shows like WSJ Report, RedEye or The News Hour that don't have a season or episode like series do - You do support the process however with your custom naming function inside MCEBuddy - I can create custom conversions for each one by name and direct them to the correct directory but I'm to lazy :-)

Plex will read my custom Metadata I have in the folder I place them into now (I use Belvedere for Windows for file moves) and Plex can play .WTV. MCEBuddy is used by me for the series conversions to save HD Space and naming of the file then Plex will pull all the Metadata from the same Databases you have listed. I delete the news files by age after 7 days.

When I use Sick Beard to fill in missing episodes I normally don't convert them but that has been because they are already in an H264 format or other compress format and I haven't tested what MCEBuddy would do with a [Chicago Fire - S01E17 - Better to Lie.mkv - 889MBs - HD]

Thanks Again for addressing this!