Changes to mcebuddy.conf not taking affect

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I wanted to make some new tasks that were selected by the recording channel. Since the new tasks were quite similar to an existing task I tried to make the changes by the following process.
  • Stop MCEbuddy and close it.
  • Edit MCEBuddy2x\config\mcebuddy.conf using wordpad
  • Copy source task and paste it at bottom of file
  • Make task name and other required changes
  • Save file and restart MCEBuddy2x
The problem is, none of the changes are seen when MCEBuddy2x restarts. What am I doing wrong??

Pointers and advice appreciated.
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM
You dont' need to stop the service or close it.

Just click stop from the GUI page (to stop the engine), make the changes and click start on the GUI page.

Why don't you paste your configuration file here (final after changes).

What I don't get is why are you making changes to mcebuddy.conf on tasks manually, when you upgrade MCEBuddy automatically copies your old tasks and settings over to the new file. The only thing it doesn't copy over in mcebuddy.conf is the remux section settings.
Mar 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM
rboy1 wrote:
You dont' need to stop the service or close it.

Just click stop from the GUI page (to stop the engine), make the changes and click start on the GUI page.

Why don't you paste your configuration file here (final after changes).

What I don't get is why are you making changes to mcebuddy.conf on tasks manually, when you upgrade MCEBuddy automatically copies your old tasks and settings over to the new file. The only thing it doesn't copy over in mcebuddy.conf is the remux section settings.
OK! Problem solved.

In answer to your question - why make manual changes; I was not upgrading to a new release. I had been running one of the beta builds for a few days and wanted to add some additional tasks. I know I can add a task by selecting the "add" button in the gui. However, I wanted to add three new tasks that were identical except for the recording channel. I thought it would be easier to add one that way and then copy/paste it in the conf file for the other two.

What I missed in the first attempt was the "Tasks=" paramet6er in the "[Engine]" section. I needed to add the new task names to that line. Once I modified that parameter and did a "start/stop/start" sequence the new tasks were there in the order I had supplied in the "Tasks=" line.

Sorry for the disruption.