ERROR: VIDEO IS COPYPROTECTED. CONVERSION WILL FAIL

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Hi,
I'm using MCEBuddy 2.3 release 11 and I'm having a problem. I am using a cable card tuner with Win 8 64-bit that generates WTV files containing MPEG2. For some reason a handful of my recordings are tagged as saying that they are copy protected, but I don't think they really are. On these recordings, MCEBuddy stops with the error "ERROR: VIDEO IS COPYPROTECTED. CONVERSION WILL FAIL" and doesn't try to transcode them. However I am able to play these recordings on a separate computer and even manually transcode these recordings using handbrake, so I don't think they are really copy protected. I'm recording these shows off of channels that shouldn't be copy protected (PBS, ABC, etc). I understand that this is likely a tuner or Windows problem, but is there a way to force MCEBudy to try and transcode video files even if they are tagged as copy protected? Thank you. I have already donated once and I plan to donate again in the future.
-Chuck
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Hmm unfortunatley no, never encountered a situation where a non copy protected video was marked copy protected.

In the next BETA build 03162013 I'll remove the limitation and let the conversion continue after logging an error in the conversion log.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Okay slight change, I've added a flag IgnoreCopyProtection=true in MCEBuddy.conf

See the documentation on how to use it in teh next release.
Mar 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Great! Thank you.