This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Request for two feature additions

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I would like to ask you to consider two new features.
  1. Could you provide an option to set the directory for comskip? This would be useful for those using the contribute version of comskip when upgrading to a ned version of mcebuddy. As it stands now, I need to go to the comskip folder and copy the comskip.exe file and then paste it into the mcebuddy -> comskip folder. An external setting for the comskip folder would eliminate that step.
  2. When installing an upgrade version of mcebuddy I must first uninstall the existing version. Would it be possible to ask if the user wants to have the install process automatically remove the previous version. If the answer is yes, run the uninstall process and then continue the installation. Again, this would eliminate an additional step for the user.
Obviously, not show stopper - high priority additions. Still, I think they would make things better if they are not too much problem to implement.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  1. I can look into it, it will be done through a custom editing of mcebuddy.conf and not through the GUI - may have technical issues, but will try
  2. I tried this and it's not possible, limitation of the Visual Studio installer. I would need to write it from scratch in a different program - marked for future wishes. However to compensate I've included an uninstall link in the Start Menu under MCEBuddy so you don't need to run Add/Remove programs each time.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I've added support fro 1. using teh CustomComskipPath parameter in the next BETA build of MCEBuddy. REfer to teh documentation for more details on it's usage.
Apr 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM
rboy1 wrote:
I've added support fro 1. using teh CustomComskipPath parameter in the next BETA build of MCEBuddy. REfer to teh documentation for more details on it's usage.
Outstanding! Thank you very much for the extra effort.

As for item 2, I agree, it would be completely unreasonable to expend much effort to implement it. It's not that much of an inconvenience to use the way it is.

Again, many thanks for this great product.