EARLY ACCESS PREMIUM PROGRAM

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Edited Sep 28 at 9:52 PM
First of all we want to thank you all for your support with your donations to keep MCEBuddy going.

Given that this does not generate enough cash to even cover for the ongoing hardware/software costs to develop and test MCEBuddy, we will be spending limited time on making general releases.

However, we are providing an option for users who want to premium/immediate access to bug fixes, features and support. It's called the EARLY ACCESS PREMIUM program. Through this program you can access to the latest MCEBuddy builds and support going forward given the investment and time required to continue supporting MCEBuddy.

To participate in the EARLY ACCESS PREMIUM program you will need to donate atleast $25 (one time - feel free to donate more to continue supporting the development) to MCEBuddy. Those who have already donated atleast $25 to MCEBuddy, thank you very much and you'll be able to access the EARLY ACCESS program. If you have donated less than $25 in the past year, please reconsider donating another $25, it takes a lot of effort and money to keep MCEBuddy going. If you cannot donate the full $25, you can donate the difference and send us an eMail with the details of when the original and additional donations were made and from which eMail id and we'll send you a login. (typically within 1 hour).

NOTE: WATCH YOUR SPAM FOLDER and ENSURE YOU ARE USING A VALID EMAIL ID FOR PAYPAL. We will only send login/passwords to the eMail from which the donation was made for security reasons.

Ensure you add mcebuddy2x@yahoo.com to your list of senders. We WILL NOT fill out any forms or reply to autobots to "validate" that we are real users.
For many users LOGIN AND PASSWORDS END UP IN THE SPAM FOLDER. You will definitely get a response within 24 hours.

This will help keep the development going and support continued. Once you've made the donation via PayPal, we'll create an ID for you on the MCEBuddy server which you can use to login (HTTP or FTP) to the server and access the EARLY_ACCESS folder for the latest builds and support requests.

HTTP SERVER : http://earlyaccess.mcebuddy2x.com

FTP SERVER : ftp://earlyaccess.mcebuddy2x.com

Login/Password: <mailed to you after the donation is made - see below for details>

After logging in open folder EARLY_ACCESS

Thank you all once again for your support to keep MCEBuddy going.

NOTE: If you are using the FTP server, ensure that your firewall and router supports FTP active connections otherwise you won't be able to connect. Alternatively disable your firewall or use a passive FTP client/connection.
Sometimes the EARLY_ACCESS directory may be empty. This is NORMAL, we're either doing a new build or removed a bad build. Check back the following day and you'll find a new version in there.

There are many users who download the EARLY ACCESS version and then ask for a refund of their donation. Please note, we do not refund donations if you've downloaded the software. Your donation is what keeps this website, development and support going.

TIP: Open the FTP Server link in Windows Explorer and you can upload AND download files by dragging and dropping them

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO GET THE EARLY ACCESS VERSION

• Donate $25.00 or more to mcebuddy2x@yahoo.com (Click here to donate)
  • Receive your login/password via eMail (check your spam folder and wait a day here - We have full time jobs :)
  • Click on the following link from your browser http://earlyaccess.mcebuddy2x.com
  • Enter the Username and Password from the Early Access eMail (the username and password are the same) you received when you donated.
  • Click on the EARLY_ACCESS folder
  • Click and download the appropriate file for 32 or 64 bit systems
  • Open the download zip file, extract the contents to your computer and perform the installation, don't forget to uninstall any old versions of MCEBuddy prior to installing the new version.
Alternative access:
  • Download and install a the FTP client FileZilla
  • Start FileZilla then copy and paste earlyaccess.mcebuddy2x.com into the Host field at the top of the page
  • Enter the Username and Password from the Early Access eMail (the username and password are the same) you received when you donated. Then press QuickConnect
  • A directory will open in the right pane under Remote Site that contains the EARLY_ACCESS folder
  • Open the EARLY_ACCESS folder
  • Drag the appropriate file for 32 or 64 bit systems to your drive/folder in the left pane
  • Open the folder on your computer and perform the installation, don't forget to uninstall any old versions of MCEBuddy prior to installing the new version.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/1/2014 at 6:53 AM
Jun 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Hey...

I'd love to donate and have been willing to do so for a long while. The problem is the PayPal thing. I don't use PayPal and had to delete my PayPal accounts because they kept getting hacked. So I don't and won't be able to contribute anything with that method.

So, is there some other way I can send you the bucks? I really like this tool and use it almost daily to keep building my video library. I'd hate to have to go out and find some other tool because I can't pay for the one that works!

Thanks.

I asked this before, a few months ago, before you started requiring a donation, but never got a real answer.

Blaine
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Actually you don't need a paypal account to donate. Click on this link and then select I don't have a Paypal Account, and you can pay with your credit card without creating a paypal account as a one time payment.

OneTime Payment without Account
Nov 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I donated $50 along time ago and no email when this program started.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Thanks for your generous donation. We try to ensure everyone gets the logins within a few days. Can you check your spam folder (VERY often it ends up in the spam folder for some reason and please mark it as NOT spam).

If you can't find it please send me the email id and date on which you sent the donation and I'll send you the login.
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Edited Nov 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Ofcourse don't put the details here, please send the payment email and email details (which will be used to create your login) to mcebuddy2x@yahoo.com
Coordinator
Jan 19 at 11:49 PM
@woznicbh your user id was created and eMailed to you on:
January 10, 2014, 7:58 PM EST

Then again you mailed us back on Jan 17th and we replied to you on On Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:14 PM to check your spam folder.

It was resent to you again on:
Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:27 PM

ALL logins are created and sent out within 72 hours. Either they end up in spam or you'll be surprised how many eMail id's bounce back as unreachable (yours didn't)

If you still don't have it I really dont' know what's going on with your gMail. I cannot post your login here, send me a PM and I'll reply with your details.
Coordinator
Feb 12 at 6:00 PM
There is a folder within EARLY_ACCESS called 2.3.15_BETA, look inside.
Feb 17 at 4:06 AM
I donated some money on the 10th. when should I expect a reply?
Coordinator
Feb 17 at 1:19 PM
Edited Feb 17 at 1:20 PM
The usernames and logins are sent out the same day.
Did you check your spam folder? Are you using a filtering/verification system? (We do not have the time to fill out verification forms, so if your eMail system has blocked mcebuddy2x@yahoo.com you will not receive your login and passwords).

After checking the above if you cannot locate (it was sent out on the 10th) the login/password eMail, send us a note from the SAME eMail id from which you DONATED and we will forward the original eMail to you.
Feb 17 at 5:48 PM
Yes, i've checked and rechecked. Maybe you guys should check the wording in that email. It seems to get blocked quite a bit. I looked at the logs and it got blocked before it even hit my server.

I have a backup system that was able to replay the message. All good now. thanks for resending too.
Apr 12 at 9:53 PM
First, I love MCEBuddy. I just donated to support you guys. The speed improvements will be nice, but won't affect me much because everything I record is on from 7pm to 11pm and then I don't watch untill the next night and 24 hours is more than enough time for everything to convert. Getting the early access is a nice perk for the donation though.

Second, please consider Amazon Payments, I hate using PayPal. I paid by CC through them without a PayPal account once and it still got hacked, it was a nice 30 day temp CC that my bank issues, but still, a real pain to use PayPal.

Third, I am increadibly thrilled that you emailed me credentials for the early access less than 10 minutes after donating, that's great. Have you thought about automating the process?
May 19 at 2:07 PM
I donated on May 9th from beefstew_83 at hotmail.com and I haven't received a login email yet. I have been checking the spam folder and nothing there either. I sent a follow up message on about the 16th and still nothing. I don't believe anything should be blocking it; but if I knew that you had sent it then I could check.

Thanks
Coordinator
May 19 at 2:23 PM
@beefstew83 - you had sent the donation on May 8th and the username was mailed out to you on the same day. Then again on May 16th you requested it and it was resent to you at your hotmail address. I don't know why hotmail is blocking the eMails. I'll resend it again from a different eMail address. Be sure to mark it as not spam if it ends up in the spam folder again.
May 19 at 4:19 PM
I got both emails this time. Thanks much
Oct 13 at 2:10 PM
Wow you should bump that up to 40-50 dollars, you guys deserve payment for the great product you have developed.
Coordinator
Oct 13 at 2:45 PM
Thanks for your generous donation