Apr 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Edited Apr 12 at 10:22 PM
First of all we want to thank you all for your support with your donations to keep MCEBuddy going.
Given that this does not generate enough cash to even cover for the ongoing hardware/software costs to develop and test MCEBuddy, we will be spending limited time on making general releases.
However, we are providing an option for users who want to premium/immediate access to bug fixes, features and support. It's called the EARLY ACCESS PREMIUM program. Through this program you can access to the latest MCEBuddy builds and support going forward
given the investment and time required to continue supporting MCEBuddy.
To participate in the EARLY ACCESS PREMIUM program you will need to donate atleast $25 (one time - feel free to donate more to continue supporting the development) to MCEBuddy.
Those who have already donated atleast $25 to MCEBuddy, thank you
very much and you'll be able to access the EARLY ACCESS program. If you have donated less than $25 in the past year, please reconsider donating another $25, it takes a lot of effort and money to keep MCEBuddy going
. If you cannot donate the full $25,
you can donate the difference and send us an eMail with the details of when the original and additional donations were made and from which eMail id and we'll send you a login. (It can take a few days sometimes). If you're making multiple small donations, please
send us an eMail to request your username and password.
NOTE: WATCH YOUR SPAM FOLDER and ENSURE YOU ARE USING A VALID EMAIL ID FOR PAYPAL. We will only send login/passwords to the eMail from which the donation was made for security reasons.
Ensure you add firstname.lastname@example.org
to your list of senders. We
fill out any forms or reply to autobots to "validate" that we are real users.
For many users LOGIN AND PASSWORDS END UP IN THE SPAM FOLDER. You will definitely get a response within 48 hours otherwise drop us a note.
This will help keep the development going and support continued. Once you've made the donation via PayPal, we'll create an ID for you on the MCEBuddy server which you can use to login (HTTP or FTP) to the server and access the EARLY_ACCESS folder for the latest
builds and support requests.
Login/Password: <mailed to you after the donation is made - see below for details>
After logging in open folder EARLY_ACCESS
Thank you all once again for your support to keep MCEBuddy going.
: If you are using the FTP server, ensure that your firewall and router supports FTP active connections otherwise you won't be able to connect. Alternatively disable your firewall or use a passive FTP client/connection.
Sometimes the EARLY_ACCESS directory may be empty. This is NORMAL, we're either doing a new build or removed a bad build. Check back the following day and you'll find a new version in there.
: Open the FTP Server link in Windows Explorer and you can upload AND download files by dragging and dropping them
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO GET THE EARLY ACCESS VERSION
- Donate $25.00 or more to
email@example.com (Click here to donate)
- Receive your login/password via eMail (wait a day here - We have full time jobs :)
- Click on the following link from your browser
- Enter the Username and Password from the Early Access eMail (the username and password are the same) you received when you donated.
- Click on the EARLY_ACCESS folder
- Click and download the appropriate file for 32 or 64 bit systems
- Open the download zip file, extract the contents to your computer and perform the installation, don't forget to uninstall any old versions of MCEBuddy prior to installing the new version.
- Download and install a the FTP client
- Start FileZilla then copy and paste earlyaccess.mcebuddy2x.com into the Host field at the top of the page
- Enter the Username and Password from the Early Access eMail (the username and password are the same) you received when you donated. Then press QuickConnect
- A directory will open in the right pane under Remote Site that contains the EARLY_ACCESS folder
- Open the EARLY_ACCESS folder
- Drag the appropriate file for 32 or 64 bit systems to your drive/folder in the left pane
- Open the folder on your computer and perform the installation, don't forget to uninstall any old versions of MCEBuddy prior to installing the new version.