This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Translate to German (was: Prevent Sleep while converting)

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Hello,

MCEBuddy (2.3.11, I am upgrading now to 12) should prevent the system from sleep-mode when converting files.
It happens that the computer goes to sleep while MCEBuddy is converting. After waking up, the conversion is stopped, the converted files are corrupted and the other files in the queue have been removed from it.

I searched here in the forum and doc for "sleep" but found only that I should check the energy options (allow wake timers, which was already)

Thanks
Joe

Edit: Okay, I found something.
I am using the German version, or better: I am forced to use it. The translation is so hard to understand, I would prefer to use the English GUI.

Well, maybe the checkbox "Schlaf zu ermöglichen" ("get some sleep") does what I want?

You need help for your translation!
I bet you googlked it? I offer to translate the UI into German if someone could point me to the text-files and tell me how can I get an English UI on my PC

Regards
Joe
Apr 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM
that's correct I use Bing translation to translate the GUI messages.

Will be VERY happy and welcome any help for translations.

Translations are very easy to correct.
  1. Open the MCEBuddy installation folder and look for the localization directory.
  2. Inside you'll find the translation files, e.g. de.txt (for german)
  3. Make a copy of the file you want to correct the translations and name it <code>-fixed.txt, e.g. make a copy of de.txt and name it de-fixed.txt
  4. Open de-fixed.txt with EXCEL. It will open the file as a TAB separated text file (MCEBuddy stores the translations as a tab separated text)
  5. The 1st column is the original english text and the 2nd column is the translated german text
  6. Modify the 2nd column with the correct translations where appropriate
  7. Save the file (ignore the EXCEL warning) and close it.
  8. Restart the MCEBuddy GUI application
You're done, now MCEBuddy will use the user provided translations to override the BING translations.

NOTE: DO NOT EDIT THE de.txt directly, MAKE A COPY AS de-fixed.TXT (there is an example nl-fixed.txt provided) and edit that in each Build MCEBuddy will automatically overwrite <code>.txt with Bing translations but preserve the <code>-fixed.txt use translation files.

Also please send me a copy of the <code>-fixed.txt file also so I'll include in the MCEBuddy future builds.
Apr 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
UNCHECKING The box for "Allow sleep" should prevent the system for entering sleep while converting. Can you post your MCEbuddy.log file (upload to the MCEBuddy server) for me to analyze the corruption and quque issues.

Use 2.3.12 since there are bug fixes related to sleeping there.
Apr 10, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Ok, I will do that.
But I need some help

- Some entries I need to see live in the GUI to know what it means. How can I switch to English?
- My Excel version displays Umlaute in the text file, well, funny: ä is supposed to be ä. I'm afraid Excel will mess it up when I save it. Any idea?
- Can I re-order the file or is the order significant?

Am 10.04.2013 16:08, schrieb rboy1:

that's correct I use Bing translation to translate the GUI messages.

Will be VERY happy and welcome any help for translations.

Translations are very easy to correct.
  1. Open the MCEBuddy installation folder and look for the localization directory.
  2. Inside you'll find the translation files, e.g. de.txt (for german)
  3. Make a copy of the file you want to correct the translations and name it -fixed.txt, e.g. make a copy of de.txt and name it de-fixed.txt
  4. Open de-fixed.txt with EXCEL. It will open the file as a TAB separated text file (MCEBuddy stores the translations as a tab separated text)
  5. The 1st column is the original english text and the 2nd column is the translated german text
  6. Modify the 2nd column with the correct translations where appropriate
  7. Save the file (ignore the EXCEL warning) and close it.
  8. Restart the MCEBuddy GUI application
You're done, now MCEBuddy will use the user provided translations to override the BING translations.

NOTE: DO NOT EDIT THE de.txt directly, MAKE A COPY AS de-fixed.TXT (there is an example nl-fixed.txt provided) and edit that in each Build MCEBuddy will automatically overwrite .txt with Bing translations but preserve the -fixed.txt use translation files.

Also please send me a copy of the -fixed.txt file also so I'll include in the MCEBuddy future builds.

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM
order does not matter at all, you can even remove redundant entries (one that you're not changing) from the -fixed.txt file and only keep those which you are updating.

To switch to english, click on settings -> advanced settings -> Locale -> select US English

if excel does't work you can use a notepad or any other text editor, just note that the english text and translated text are separate by a TAB, if the tab is missing or there are extra TABS on a single line the translation won't work. One line per translation

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Let me know if you need help and please don't forget to send me a copy of teh de-fixed.txt file
Apr 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Hi,

just to let you know I am still working on it. (but not on highest priority)..
I did not give up.

I may have to ask you about the context of some texts, but so far I was able to find them all. Got almost half of it now.
May 24, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Just wanted to check in if you're had a chance to work on this, I"ll include the updated in my next BETA release
May 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM
uff.. here's the file. I could not get it to display in MCEBuddy. I replaced the de.txt and switched the language. It worked with the original file but not with this. Maybe it has some coding errors? Can you check that? Joe
May 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I don't see any file here? Did you forget to include the link? or you can upload it to thhe MCEBuddy server also
May 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
It was attached to the mail... How can I upload it?
May 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Found it.. I uploaded it to the tfp-server, Look ftp> dir 200 PORT command successful. 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection. 05-22-13 08:24AM <DIR> Audio Sync Issue 05-07-13 07:05PM <DIR> BlondAngelNYC 03-02-13 04:31AM <DIR> Comskip INIs 05-25-13 08:19AM
52875 de-fixed.txt 05-24-13 06:51PM <DIR> EARLY_ACCESS 02-03-12 02:46AM 642560 File Splitter v5.0.1189.exe 04-07-13 07:36PM 105358385 MCEBuddy 2.3.12 32bit.zip 04-07-13 07:46PM 107142510 MCEBuddy 2.3.12 64bit.zip 04-07-13 07:29PM 3245071 MCEBuddy 2.3.12 Remote
Client.zip 05-13-13 04:27PM <DIR> Sandpipper-test 226 Transfer complete. Right in / (I can't remember all the ftp-commands and had no decent ftp-client installed)
May 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM
It works great, you need to remove the quotes from the lines.

Here's why you don't see it working:
  1. The quotes need to be removed
  2. I need to upload the user translations using a software into the next BETA build using a tool. I will fix this so that in the next BETA build it will automatically update the translations on the fly from the user installation directory instead of having to wait for a new build Sorry about that.
The new BETA release will be out today.
May 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Done it's out and thanks for your help. Any changes you make the -fixed.txt file will be reflected after restarting the GUI.

Plus - now you have Klingon translations
May 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I removed the quotes but it still does not work for me. I can tell because it still translates "Events" (on the right below the PayPal button) with "Veranstaltungen" (an event, performance) instead of "Ereignisse" (occurrence, incidence).
I had to rename the file to de.txt to see the new translations. Maybe that was what you wanted to say in 2?

Some more things:
  • There are still typos in my translation. Sorry.
  • I hope I translated right, but I'm not sure. It's hard to tell what some things mean if you don't see them with context (e.g "Time Check" ??)
  • There should be separate parameters for the GUI language and for the default audio language in converted files.
  • Have some English native reader proofread the English texts. I guess some texts could be expressed more clearly. Streamline the wording (is there a difference between ads and commercials or between service and engine?)
    • "A task is a conversion template that contains a conversion profile and various other conversion parameters." There is too much conversion in this for me.
    • "Used to change the video quality of the converted file, normal is 1." (Those were the days, but do they use today?) There were some occasions with wrong tense, I guess. How about "Creates a folder called \'MCEBuddyArchive\' where the original file is located". how can you create a folder where something is already located? But I am not English native so maybe I still rely on my school English.
If you add texts and need them to be translated, drop me a note. It may take some time but I will do my best.
Joe
May 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM
yes I mentioend in point 2 it won't work with the old versions because of a bug, I 've fixed it. If you download the latest BETA and then make the changes you'll see it work. (restart the GUI after a change).