This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

WTV

May 9, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Hi,

I have a lot of WTV files that I want to rip commercials out of. So I select the folder with all the recorded shows, select the comskip option, and set destination at WTV Unprocessed.

It converts fine, but when I go to play the converted WTV, all I get is audio and no video.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM
search the forum, 3rd party filters interfere with WTV playback

May 9, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Will do. But the WTV works perfectly pre conversion, just not after.
May 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Right, if you watch the temporary MCEBuddy directory during processing you'll see that the WTV is converted to an intermediate format (TS) for processing and then converted back to WTV. The 3rd party filters are interfering with this conversion such that the final WTV is not playing properly as you are reporting.
May 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I am experiencing this as well. So instead of going from WTV to WTV, any suggestions on what the final format should be?

In other words, going from WTV to WTV format, there is an issue. And that WTV is a closed format.

This is what I want to do: do commerical skips/chapters on WTV files recorded and have them to show up on WMC.

So, I am looking for the best format for me to convert where the conversion:
1) retains/extracts the metadata of the show
2) retains closed captioning or able to use the extracted .srt subtitles

and that WMC can play this format with the metadata with closed captioning or extracted .srt subtitles.

My definition of metadata is the information of the show that I usually see when I record a show within WMC. So when I see the finalized file within WMC, I would get roughly the same info (which episode, the synopsis/brief plot, etc). BTW, WMC = Windows Media Center.

Any suggestions?
May 9, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Edited May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Sure,

WTV to WTV just doesn't work, so you need to convert to a different format.

However if you convert to a different format, it wont show up in Recorded TV.

So, for me, I convert to MP4, and copy the files into MediaBrowser. I also use the custom rename feature to name the file something more logical.
May 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Uthall, that's great. I haven't heard of MediaBrowser until now. However, will MediaBrowser display the synopsis of the show? Or just display the file name and that's it?
May 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
It displays everything, coverart, synopsis, ratings etc......its really good.

Check it out http://www.mediabrowser.tv/
May 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Media Browser3 Beta is live http://www.mediabrowser3.com/ check it out running it now and is very nice cant wait to see it finished. The whole frontend seems to be working great for me with no problems.