Album art vs Banner

May 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I looked through all the documentation, but was not able to find anything about thumbnails.

Currently most shows get the banner vs album art. Is there a place in the settings to change this so that it pull down the album icon for iTunes and not the banner?

Awesome work as always!
Coordinator
May 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM
sorry am not aware of how iTunes works. There is just one option in Atomic Parsley for adding Album Art (which is the banner downloaded). You can disable banner downloading if you like in mcebuddy.conf

May 15, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Gotcha, You have so many options that I figured it was there, I just didn't know how to do it. I'll just go back to my batch file to manually update the Image.

Thank you
Feb 14 at 4:17 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this seemed the most appropriate place for the question.

I see there is a method to disable banner download altogether, but I'm still curious why some shows end up with a thumbnail having a thin horizontal aspect ratio, and some have a normal looking thumbnail. It seems to me that the "banners" are meant to be used as background art in certain media software, and are not appropriate for use as thumbnails. Is there no way to specify "cover artwork" instead of "banners" in whatever tool you use to look up the metadata (assume Atomic Parsley)? I've used other metadata software that makes use of Atomic Parsley and I've never seen the banner artwork being used as cover artwork for the files before.
Coordinator
Feb 14 at 5:36 PM
Good point, will look into it.

Coordinator
Feb 14 at 10:15 PM
can you give me an example of a show where the thumnail is stretched. I need to see what alternative optiosn exist onlnie

Coordinator
Feb 15 at 8:23 AM
Thanks for reporting this, I've fixed it now in the next BETA build of 2.3.15

Now it'll download the full size poster, if it cannot find that it will fall back to the FanArt midsize, if not finally it'll try to pick up the "thin" banner.

This also helped me identify another issues, where timezone differences (local v/s GMT) would cause the date to roll over near midnight and then series matching by date would fail. Now MCEbuddy checks both Universal/GMT and local time zone when matching episodes by air date.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/15/2014 at 12:23 AM
Feb 15 at 2:43 PM
Edited Feb 15 at 2:43 PM
Thank you very much for looking at this so rapidly.

For completeness sake, here's the image you asked for:

Coordinator
Feb 15 at 6:40 PM
yes I've fixed it now. Try it out and let me know.

Feb 18 at 5:53 PM
Yes, looks good now, thank you!
Jul 2 at 12:59 AM
First of all - GREAT work. I've been using this tool for quite some time. Secondly, I know you mentioned you weren't familiar with how iTunes searching occurs. This Apple site might help. http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/resources/documentation/itunes-store-web-service-search-api.html I wonder if you could integrate this into your program for iTunes lookup for metadata and artwork and pass it to AP?

This site has come in handy for manual searches and uses the search APIs from above: http://bendodson.com/projects/itunes-artwork-finder/
Coordinator
Jul 2 at 2:32 AM
This appears to be mostly for music albums. What exactly did you have in mind.?

The album art issue was fix in the last release. Are you still facing issues?

Jul 2 at 3:18 AM
Oh, no issues for me at all. I just stumbled across this thread looking for a way to get iTunes (Apple) artwork added automatically instead of the banners. I'm currently doing this manually which isn't a big deal. I suppose this should have been posted in the feature request section so I apologize for not thinking about that at the time I posted this. This does work for TV and Movies as well but I'm not sure how to use that API int he raw.
Coordinator
Jul 8 at 9:25 PM
I checked it out. Unfortunately it is not a reliable source or comprehensive source of data. It only contains some shows, mostly targetted towards those you an buy in iTunes.

If you want the art work from itunes I would suggest you download it manually and replace the files in the Cache folder of MCEBuddy. It will then pick it up from there (MCEBuddy doesn't redownload the art work if it finds it in the cache folder) while encoding your videos.

Jul 10 at 2:41 AM
Ah, ok - the caching suggestion will work perfectly! Thanks!