This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Add a second audio track

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I'm encoding to mp4. With some new software and server stuff I've found that for me max compatibility with an option for best sound is when I have two audio tracks first Dolby Surround AAC and second 5.1 AC3. I can do this in Handbrake easily but I'd like to be able to get MCEBuddy to do it as well.
Jul 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM
MCEBuddy preserves all audio tracks until the remux stage (unless you've selected an Audio language in the conversion settings or there is a problem with 0 channel audio tracks). The number of audio channels in the final converted file is determined by the profile settings.
Since you're familar with how to use Handbrake, you can write a custom Handbrake profile and in the handbrake-audio and handbrake-audioac3 settings you can write the commands to create 2 audio tracks as you mentioned above.
Jul 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I guess I was looking for a way to do that with MCEBuddy. I'm not sure what you're saying... can I export a profile from Handbrake and use that with MCEBuddy?
Jul 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Open profiles.conf in the config directory where MCEBuddy is installed. Take a look at a sample profile like MP4 Fast. Then refer to the documentation on the website to see how to customize the profiles. You'll figure out the rest. It'll take some effort but MCEBuddy is HIGHLY flexible and can be customized to a great extent.

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Try this,

Open profiles.conf, goto the profile you're using (e.g. MP4 Fast), assuming it is handbrake profile, in the handbrake-audio and handbrake-audioac3 sections add this to BOTH lines:
 -a 1,2,3,4,5
So your section would look something like:
handbrake-audio=-E faac -R auto -B 160 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
handbrake-audioac3=-E faac -R auto -B 256 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
This will copy all the audio tracks from your original files to the converted file (upto the first 5)

If you want to use a single input audio track and then create 2 multi channel audio tracks from it (aac and ac3), then your profile handbrake-audio would look something like:
handbrake-audio=-E faac,ffac3 -R auto,auto -B 160,160 -6 5point1,5point1
handbrake-audioac3=-E faac,ffac3 -R auto,auto -B 256,256 -6 5point1,5point1
Hope this helps.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 4/12/2014 at 3:37 PM
Jul 30, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Thanks I tried doing this myself and it ran a conversion from WTV to MP4 but it took like 6 hours for one 40 minute show (a lot longer than usual on my i5 @ 4.5 GHz). Then at the end the of the whole encoding it failed.
My code edit was not the same as yours. I'll give this a try.
Jul 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Check the profile used. High quality profiles take a long time. It all depends upon the options used. At the end it's handbrake doing the conversion. Make sure you are using the same video encoding settings that you use with you handbrake GUI

Apr 12, 2014 at 5:58 AM
I am also trying to take a single audio source (AC3 6Channel) and create an MP4 with a 2 Channel AAC track and a 6 Channel AC3 track.

Does the above code need to be modified to ensure the AAC track is only two channel?
Apr 12, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Yes it does instead of -6 5point1,5point1 it should be -6 stereo,5point1 in both lines