Multiple .ts files being created from the original

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I have set MCEBuddy to run on a .ts file. It starts the file, and it appears that at some point it works on the file in pieces and makes new .ts files in the same directory as the original. The problem is that since that folder is being monitored, those files are then being seen as MCEBuddy as new .ts files that fit the criteria and need to be worked on as well. In the end, from one .ts file, I get 3 or 4 .ts files processed and the original directory is a mess.

I have my temp directory set to blank and I have copy the original file turned off.

As a separate question, upon a successful completion of a .ts file processing with the target directory different from the original directory, what should happen to the original file? Should it be kept intact, or should it be processed down to the final result (which is then also copied to the new target directory?)

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:08 AM
What version of mcebuddy are you using?

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 3:21 AM
are you saying that you've checked Do not Copy Original File? If so that if your issue, there's a strong reason why that option has so many warnings around it. It has unknown consequences. Turn the option off and it should solve your problem

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I understand the ramifications of checking that option. However, I'm also trying to figure out the default behavior of MCEBuddy to see if there is a bug.

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Actually MCEBuddy is behaving the way it should, since it wasn't designed to work directly on the original file without copying these are unintended side effects.

I've made some changes to the code and file handling. In the next BETA build ALL operations (with the exception of commercial detection) will happen in the temp directory, this will fix the multiple file issue you are facing. This is not mean that the original file will be copied, but instead the output of all operations will be targetted at the temp directory.
I've made some further improvements to the performance by reducing the number of network read and copy operations. So now essentially most of the work will be done from the local temp directory rather than going back to read the original network file each time.

If you use a network drive you will see a huge improvement in performance when checking the do not copy original file box. Also now it will NOT ovewrite the original file which will improve performance and be relative safe operation.
But BY NO MEANS IS STILL A 100% SAFE operation. It can still have undocumented side effects.