Scan for commercials without conversion?

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I have been looking for a way, but have not come up with it.

I have a profile to move and rename a file, but is it possible to just scan for commercials and not do a conversion?
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
I don't understand what exctly are you looking for? an EDL file? What is your source files?
Oct 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I have WMC recording a show...

I want that show to get processed for commercials and generate a EDL file/XML file for auto skipping commercials and not have to do a conversion or cut of the commercials out of the WTV file. I use DTBAddin to skip the commercials when I watch them and then when I verify the commercial cuts are correct, I will move the file to another directory for MCEBuddy to do the conversion.
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
MCEBuddy can only generate EDL files, does that work?
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 2:42 AM
done in today's build you'll find a new option for Move without converting and you also set the appropriate commercial remove tool to generate your EDL file without removing the commericals.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 9:17 AM
Oct 8, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Thanks! I will check it out. :)
Oct 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
This looks good. I set the output_dvrmstb=1 and it generated the xml for me and MCEBuddy did move that file as well.

I did go into expert settings and checked "Skip copying original files" thinking that the file to be scanned for commercials would be the one it found in the watched directory, not the one that was copied to working0, but it still remuxed the file to the working0 directory to scan for the commercials.

It did rename the file as I asked and moved to the destination directory.

Is it possible to not copy the file to do the commercial scanning?
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
That's normal. All files expect ts have to be Remuxed to process them.