This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unique scheduling per conversion task?

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Is there a way to have different scheduling settings per conversion task. Alternatively, is there a way to run two instances of MCEBuddy on the same machine that run with different settings?

Converting to M4V takes a long time, so i want to take advantage of the "WTV Unprocessed" profile to speed up the process so i can watch something the same night it was recorded....but i still want to ultimately process the WTV files to M4V.

I tried setting up two conversion tasks. The first one does "WTV Unprocessed" and the second one does "M4V Apple High Quality". The problem is that after the "WTV Unprocessed" finishes and i want to watch my recording, i have TWO high processor intensive things going on at the same time choking my PC (1. The "M4V Apple High Quality" conversion and 2. Plex transcoding the WTV file as i watch it).

Ideally, I'd like the "WTV Unprocessed" conversion task to run immediately and schedule the "M4V Apple High Quality" task to run after hours.

Maybe i'm looking at this the wrong way and there's a better way to accomplish what i'm trying to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM
First yes you can setup 2 instances of mcebuddy to run in the same machine though you will need to manually configure it. Refer the documentation on how to do it.

Second you can create 3 tasks and set priorities to each task so that wtv has higher priority in the queue.

Then set the overall process priority from the main status screen to low. This will ensure it doesn't burn your CPU. What I also do is under expert settings I select only 1 CPU so yacht it further reduces the impact. That should work pretty good for you.

Scheduling cannot be done at the conversion task level. The current architecture does not support it.

Marked as answer by w00dwork on 10/18/2013 at 10:05 AM
Oct 17, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! They all make a lot of sense and i'm going to give them a try.

I had some trouble testing things out tonight, but i think i was experiencing the issue reported by belatukadro (Item #1681), so i upgraded to the latest release and i'm letting things run overnight.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help.