This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Extracting audio from WTV audio recordings

Oct 29, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Hi

Does anybody know whether it is possible to us MCEBuddy to extract the audio stream from a WTV radio recording (i.e. no video) into MP3 or WAV?

I've tried several profiles to just copy out the audio track but they all fail, I've tried converting the file to ms-dvr but this also fails so I'm sort of stuck. There are several error messages in the log.

ERROR> 2013-10-29T22:18:11 MCEBuddy.RemuxMediaCenter.RemuxMCERecording --> ReMuxxSupp failed
ERROR> 2013-10-29T22:18:16 MCEBuddy.RemuxMediaCenter.RemuxMCERecording --> ReMuxer failed to create remux file
ERROR> 2013-10-29T22:21:16 MCEBuddy.RemuxMediaCenter.RemuxMCERecording --> Error building graph
Error : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040204): At least one of the pins involved in the operation is already connected.
ERROR> 2013-10-29T22:21:16 MCEBuddy.RemuxMediaCenter.RemuxMCERecording --> DirectShow unable to remux streams
ERROR> 2013-10-29T22:21:16 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Remux failed
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM
I"m sure you've seen this Sticky on the main page:

https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/439028
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM
If it's still not working, please upload or link the entire conversion log file, clips don't help.
Nov 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM
I''ve tried a couple of profiles but the following is the log from the MP3 profile you included a link to previously

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c_ymiNgQNJVTVkR2pqRHRQTUE/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM
ah this is helpful, I see what's going on. MCEBuddy was expecting a video stream but when it didn't it messed it up (thank in part to ffmpeg changing the way they handle video streams).

Can you upload a copy of the original video the mcebuddy server? I'll add support for this in the next BETA release.

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM
I've fixed this, you can test it out. It would be appreciated if you can upload a copy of your wtv files without video for our own testing.
Nov 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM
I figured you didn't really want a 2 hour audio file so I have recorded a new 5 minute segment which also fails on the current system.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c_ymiNgQNJWkZNWUc2ZUZhSUU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Great thanks - this was a the missing piece an actual no video stream to test it, till now I had to rely on MP3 files which worked fine.
Anyways found the bug - squished it!

I've added afix to support no video WTV files and it works fine now (new build updating in next 15 minutes). HOWEVER NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO USE A FFMPEG BASED PROFILE TO CONVERT WTV FILES WITHOUT ANY VIDEO.
Handbrake and Mencoder do NOT support conversions for file without any video streams. Only ffmpeg does, so make sure your profiles use ffmpeg (e.g. the default MP4 and MKV profiles use ffmpeg, but Apple profiles do not).
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 1:13 AM