This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Any way to skip Fast Remuxing?

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Hi,

New to MCEBuddy and TV on my PC in general. I am learning a lot though. Thank you for sharing your creation with us. It is very well done and useful. I have the donator version of Comskip which now supports wtv files natively. I noticed that the first thing that MCEBuddy does is remux the wtv file to a ts file. Is there a way to keep this from happening? Ideally I was hoping to set it up as follows:
  1. Run comskip on the wtv file.
  2. Use ffmpeg to cut the commercials and transcode to mkv.
I looked at the log files and it appears that ffmpeg is doing the cutting. I know that ffmpeg also supports wtv natively now. Did a bunch of reading on how to change the profiles but didn't find anything on how to change the scripted tasks.

TIA
Ken
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM
MCEBuddy has a set of fixed workflows which can be customized to some extent. As you've noted the free version of comskip does not support wtv as yet hence remuxing is required for commercial detection.

Unfortunately tehre is no way to tell if the user had installed a donator version (there is no identification string for donator version).
I've been in touch with Erik the author of comskip for trying to provide basic wtv support in the free version.

I would suggest that folks also reach out to him and request him to provide a free version of comskip that supports wtv only then will I be able to skip the remuxing process.

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Latest version of mcebuddy has an option to skip remuxing completely under conversion task -> expert settings
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 9:09 AM
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:41 PM
as of

Changes on 0.81.058
  • Bug solved: Incorrect timeline on certain .mkv container formats
  • Added text(public/donator) to stderr and log file to indicate what version is used
comskip tells you if you are a donator or not and have the wtv capable version
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Edited Mar 14, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Correct this was a request from the MCEBuddy team to Erik (Comskip dev). With the next build MCEBuddy log will tell you if you're running the donator version of comskip or the standard version.

Search for Comskip version : and it will say Donator or Free

This as of the next MCEBuddy build AND build 0.81.058 or later of Comskip. Or you can use Showanalyzer to detect commercials from WTV files/Mpeg4 files.
Mar 14, 2014 at 2:21 AM
nice. now i can upgrade :)

how do I check to see if i have a paid copy of mcebuddy already?
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM
unfortunattely for the older vesions of comskip you can't. If you have 0.81.058 just run it from teh command prompt and it'll say if it's a donator version
Mar 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM
I do have donator versions of both MCEbuddy and Comskip now :)