This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MKV FILES WILL NOT PLAY IN WMC

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I am using MceBuddy V. 2.3.14 and have set it up to convert the WtV to MKV files and store it in my F drive , TV shows folder. MceBuddy appears to have worked well in doing this.

The issue I am having is that I cannot view the created MKV files in WMC. or by using Windows Media player. I have Lav filters, FFDshow and Haali Media splitter installed on Windows 7 Pro x64. I had no issues watching backed up Blu-Ray movies in MKV format using WMC with just the Lav codec.

My Folders are setup this way:
I have an SSD that has MceBuddy installed on.
E: Recorded Tv
E: Temp Conversions
F: Tv Shows

I am sure I must have some setting set incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Can you play it in vlc or kmplayer?

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Good question. I do not have those installed. Only Windows Media player. I was able to play a converted file on a network computer using PotPlayer and it played fine, so MceBuddy is working fine.

Is it possible to get Windows media player to play the MKV converted files??

Just out of curiosity. Is it possible to play the MKV files with just using the Lav Splitter?? Trying to keep the amount of codecs on this HTPC to least possible since I have read that to many codecs can cause problems.

Thanks for your help, Rboy1
Coordinator
Nov 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM
never tried it. I use haali and so mcebuddy reccomend.

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Edited Nov 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Thanks rboy1 ,
I just found the solution to my problem. Posting it so maybe it will help others. What I did was add the F: TV Shows folder to the Media Browser program confiig. then when I selected an MceBuddy converted MKV file it started to play with no issues.

I am very impressed at how well MceBuddy worked and cutout commercials. Great porgy.

When I installed MceBuddy I also installed FFDshow and Haali Media Splitter . I will leave these alone since Mce is working well.

Appreciate your help rboy1
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 1:10 AM