This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom Command Parameter Failing - .edl file name

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
I am using a PostCustomCommand to delete the .srt and .edl files created by MCEBuddy during file conversion. The batch command works properly to delete the .srt file. But it fails to delete the .edl file, though I use exactly the same format/syntax, and the correct parameter (%edlfile%) exactly as specified in the documentation wiki.

Looking at the log file, I see that MCEB correctly determines the path/filename of the .srt file. I use several other parameters, and they are correctly determined too, But for the .edl, file, MCEB apparently fails to determine any path/filename at all, and simply passes a blank/empty parameter to my batch file.

Below is the parameter definition statement, and an example of the log line I get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

PostCustomCommandParameters=""%srtfile%" "%edlfile%" "%season%##" "%episode%##" "%episodename%""

About to run custom command with parameters
PostCustomCommandPath = c:\program files\mcebuddy2x\config\post.bat
PostCustomCommandParameters = "E:\NewConversions\Back in the Game_KABCDT_2013_09_25_20_30_01.srt" "" "01" "01" "Pilot"
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2013 at 2:56 AM
you'll need to upload the log file to dropbox and post the link here.

Nov 30, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Log file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryrjbwz8f4xvvjb/Back%20in%20the%20Game_KABCDT_2013_09_25_20_30_01.wtv-Convert%20to%20MP4-2013-11-29T11-54-16.5532633-08-00.log

After a few more tries, I notice that the srt file name parameter is now also coming out blank, although the srt file name parameter did work correctly in the example linked above. Not sure what changed, or maybe it's somewhat random? Both srt and edl files are definitely being created - I can see them and read them in the target directory.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM
If you see the log file the edl file is being moved just before your custom command is being called hence there is no edl file so mcebuddy returns a blank. Assuming the same is happening with the srt file.

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Well, that should not happen, right? If MCEB moves the files before a postcustom command can be executed, then the %edlfile% parameter can never actually be used for anything - it's just an empty location where a file used to be.

What I'm trying to do is have MCEB delete the srt and edl files - it embeds the information into the video file, so the two additional files are not needed. Is MCEB capable of doing this, or do I need to manually delete every srt and edl file?

Thank you,
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM
You're right ill see how to fix this in the next release. Meanwhile you can use the destination directory and converted file name to generate your own edl and srt Filename and delete it

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2013 at 3:18 AM
open a bug report so we won't miss it.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Thanks. Using the converted file name works, though I had to learn some DOS. In case anyone else needs this, the batch file I used to delete srt and edl files:

del "%~dpn1.srt"
del "%~dpn1.edl"

where %1 comes from PostCustomCommandParameters=""%convertedfile%"". Seems to need a lot of "" marks to deal with spaces in show names.

Bug report is posted.
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Try the new 2.3.15 BETA build, it should fix your problem. Let me know how it goes.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 8:59 AM