This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is there a way to change paths of synced source and output files that have already been converted?

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I have about 60+ wtv files that have so far been converted to mp4 by MCEBuddy. I chose the "sync" option for all of them.

All these files are on a USB drive. I recently added a 3.0 USB card, and when I plugged the drive into it, I couldn't get the original drive letter back. (even from computer management).

So, all of my source and output files are in the same directories, but a different drive letter (F:) than the one in which they were originally converted (J:).

My question: Is there a way to access the sync table (that tells MCEBuddy where the converted files are and what files they are synced to) and change the source and output file directories to the correct letter (change from J: to F:)?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Dec 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Open the history file and change the converted file paths and restart the service.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 8:58 AM
Dec 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Edited Dec 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Thank you for the fast response.

Worked perfectly. Disregard last post after your response.

If you got a post reporting a problem with editing history file:
Ran into issue where, when MCEBuddy started, it started to convert the files again because it thought they were on a new drive. So, I cancelled them all, and that created a problem when I changed the drive letter in the history file.

I deleted the cancellations, changed the drive letters, and all is well.

Again, thanks so much!
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM
First stop the engine from the service manager before making the edits and then start the engine after making the edits (don't edit on the fly)

can you open mcebuddy.log file and see if you see any errors and post the details here, similarly open the event log from the main status page and post any error entries here. It will help isolate where and why it's crashing.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Also for each conversion there are 2 part entries. you've changed one part.

The second part entry would look like:

[J:\Videos\TV\The Rifleman\Season 04\The Rifleman-S04E21-Two Ounces of Tin.mp4]

Which need to be changed to:
[F:\Videos\TV\The Rifleman\Season 04\The Rifleman-S04E21-Two Ounces of Tin.mp4]

If both parts are not changed in sync it'll crash the engine when trying to looking for the second part.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 8:59 AM
Dec 8, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Got it. Made changes successfully. Thanks!

-ron