Custom Command Error

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I'm getting an error trying to run post-move custom command and I can't figure out why. The batch file certainly exists on that path and is executable by the user that runs MCEBuddy service. What else should I look at? Logs are below.

I also have a question as to why the custom command parameters are part of the Profile.Conf file and not part of MCEBuddy.Conf file instead? It would seem that these commands are JOB related and not PROFILE related?

INFORMATION> 2013-12-11T23:40:05 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Running custom commands
2013-12-11T23:40:05 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> Custom command parameters read ->
PostCustomCommandPath = d:\scripts\mcebuddypostmovecommand.cmd
PostCustomCommandParameters = %srtfile%
PostCustomCommandHangPeriod = 20
PostCustomCommandCritical = False
2013-12-11T23:40:05 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> Read custom command parameters
PostCustomCommandPath = d:\scripts\mcebuddypostmovecommand.cmd
PostCustomCommandParameters = %srtfile%
PostCustomCommandHangPeriod = 20
PostCustomCommandCritical = False
WARNING> 2013-12-11T23:40:05 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> Invalid custom command. Error
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Mcebuddy runs the custom commands directly and not though a shell. CMD extension is only supported by a shell environment and not a process environments. Try changing the extension from CMD to BAT or invoke the CMD script from a batch file and it should work.

Also your raise a good point on the location of custom commands. Custom commands are very complex and advanced functions. Putting them in the GUI would be an overload. Hence the decision to put them on profiles.conf. Anything in mcebuddy.conf needs to be accessible through a GUI.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 8:57 AM
Dec 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Thank you. Changing my CMD file to a .BAT file solved my problem!