File Naming convention

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I have been playing around with MCE buddy for the past few hours and am having some issues getting the correct season and episode name set. I have been able to set the custom query to find and convert the show I want with success. However the season and episode number come back blank. Is there a particular naming convention the show should be in prior to encoding?
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
upload your conversion log file and post the link here to analyze it
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I hope you're using 2.3.14 since there are many fixes/improvements to metadata in it.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 8:53 AM
Dec 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I think that may be apart of my issue. I a using .13.

Also the files I have were not recorded from my WMC. I am trying to use play on, to download the files then MCE buddy to sort them. I think the issue is the files don't have any WMC meta data. Just a file name.

i.e. Show - S00e00 - Title
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
If they are wtv and drvms files then they have metadata inside them. Mcebuddy will extract it and download additional metadata from the Internet. Use .14 and it should resolve your problem.

If they are ts files then you will need to rename them In a format with the show name and premiere date which mcebuddy will use to download additional metadata from the Internet.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Understood. The files are in mp4 format. Will that cause an issue?
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM
no, mcebuddy can extract metadata from mp4 files to get started. try it with .14 and then post a link to the conversion file here to see what's going on.
Dec 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I upgraded to .14 and everything seems to be working so far. It is pulling the series season and episode from the title without any extra metadata. One last question where is the list of conversions kept now? I want to clear the log from the test show I did so I can move it into production. Is it

C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\log
?

Thanks,
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Use the history button the main mcebuddy page.