Change language on MCEBuddy

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM
The danish translation is confusing, and should be removed form selection.

I would like to go back to the original language.
I have tried to reinstall after clean up folders, but apparently I did not manage to remove all.

MCEBuddy remain in danish grrr.

How can I change the language ?
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Settings -> Locale. Select English

Marked as answer by trampe on 12/25/2013 at 2:41 AM
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2013 at 1:50 AM
you can however help and correct the danish translations (da.csv), very easy, open the MCEBuddy translations file, copy the original text (1st column) into a new excel file, and put the correct translation into the 2nd file. Save as a comma separate (CSV) file and rename it da-fixed.csv, done MCEBuddy will use your corrections to overwrite the computer translations. and if you can share it with me I'll put into the next release.

thanks,

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Thanks, I found it and start to update the da.csv file
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM
infact you can just rename it to da-fixed (your corrected file - thank you for sharing it). that way you don't have to overwrite the original file for each new release, just drop in your da-fixed file in the localization folder and at runtime MCEbuddy will give da-fixed precedence to da (if it find it)
Jul 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Hi Dear,

I found also quite some wrong translation with the French version.
Is it possible to deal an early access code for the fix of the localization file?

Best Regards,
Julien
Coordinator
Jul 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Actually very easily. Just create a file called fr-fixed.txt

I'm it on each line put the exact original English text and then a tab and then the correct translated French text.
do one translation per line

Save the file and put it in the localization folder in mcebuddy installation.

Restart the mcebuddy and it will use the
New translations.

Also pot it here so I can include It for future builds.