This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy removes comskip .txt files

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I'm using MCEBuddy 2.3.12 to automatically convert all my MediaPortal recordings to a format suitable for my mobile devices, so I can easily take my recordings on the road. The original recordings are left untouched for viewing inside MediaPortal.

I have MediaPortal configured to automatically run comskip during every recording; my comskip.ini file contains output_default=1 and output_edl=1, causing both .txt and .edl being created. The .txt file is used by MediaPortal to easily skip over commercials.

MCEBuddy is configured to automatically remove commercials from the converted recordings; I have pointed MCEBuddy to the same comskip.ini file as the one used for MediaPortal. Unfortunately, for some reason MCEBuddy removes the comskip .txt file whenever it converts a recording, so after conversion the commercial information is no longer available for MediaPortal.

Is there any easy way to fix this?
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Unfortunately no easy fix here since MCEBuddy cleans up any TXT files along with the original video.

I'll put a fix for this in the next build.

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM
So be clear, MediaPortal runs comskip after each recording which generates a edl and txt file.

Then MCEBuddy will NOT be running comskip and will use the EDL file created by MediaPortal (check your log or post the link to confirm).

ie if MCEBuddy find a EDL file then it'll not delete the TXT file found along with it.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 12:57 AM