This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Comskip Donator Version

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Hello - I've searched the discussion thread and could not find an answer.

If you have purchased the donator version of Comskip - do you just replace the Comskip files in C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy\Comskip?

Also - what profile should I use to retain HD quality video/Dolby audio and remove the commercials. I've used DVRMSToolbox/DTBAddIn in the past and it processes a show in a couple minutes. 30 minute shows are taking in upwards of 30-45 minutes now.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Matt
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:33 PM
DVRMSToolBox works a little differently, you can create custom profiles to meet your requirements.

If you use a profile like WTV unprocessed or MP4 unprocessed, it'll do the job in a few minutes (with Comskip Donator and the latest 2.3.14 or later since they support H.264 remuxing).

The unprocessed profile retain the original quality since they don't recode, they only cut. Again WTV Unprocessed will only work with 2.3.15 and if you have H.264 video (mpeg4) then you need to use 2.3.14 or later (it'll work in 2.3.13 or lower but it'll be slow)
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/21/2014 at 8:13 PM
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Oh and YES you can just replace comskip or you can put in a separate directory and under Settings -> Expert Settings -> Custom Comskip, point it to your donator version (in 2.3.14 and later)
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/21/2014 at 8:13 PM
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I'm on the early access 2.3.14 - I'm going to move to 2.3.15 Beta so I can use the WTV Unprocessed profile. Just for future reference - when I uninstall/reinstall MCEBuddy I should also replace the Comskip files with each upgrade?

Also - what are the differences between WTV Unprocessed and MP4 unprocessed? Will Dolby Digital come through with both of these profiles? I've been trying various profiles and I cannot get processed shows to play through XBMC.

Thanks again - much appreciated!
Matt
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM
if you're putting the custom comskip files into the installation\comkip folder yes.

if you're pointing to the custom folder\Comskip through the Settings -> Expert Settings, no.

WTV creates WTV files, MP4 creates MP4 files. it just copies the original audio/video. If you want the output to have ac3 audio then modify the profile to change the audio encoder to ac3. In that case make sure you check the multichannel audio box on the conversion settings page. (by default it's off)

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Ok - so I just upgraded to MCEBuddy 2.3.15 Beta and Comskip Donator 81_058 (Dec 30, 2013).

My HTPC Build is an I5-2500k with no video card (Intel 3000) 8GB ram.

I ran profile WTV Unprocessed with Multichannel Audio on a 1 hour show.

Start to Finish - 25 minutes - does that sound about right or is there a way to speed it up?

The processed show did output in Dolby Digital on WMC but would not play at all in XBMC - any suggestions?

Thanks again for all your help - just trying to find the right profile that is going to work for me.
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2014 at 7:48 PM
XBMC cannot play back WTV files properly, I wouldn't use that (they are using an outdated version of ffmpeg) as far as I know.

Try MP4. To get more details youll have to post your conversion log (upload and post link here)