WTV metadata in converted file

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Hi

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having issues since upgrading to 2.3.14

Previously, my converted files would have the program description copied from the .WTV file into the new converted file (stored in 'comments').

However, now the files do not have any of the program description in the comments.

I actually reinstalled windows 7 (previously windows 8), so I had to re-setup the conversion tasks. So maybe I have set up something incorrectly. But in my latest task I am using the 'TS Unprocessed' profile, and have made sure to tick 'write metadata' in the expert settings. Still no love.

Any help would be much appreciated, as the previous comments tag was picked up by Plex and viewable on my rpi.

Thanks
MAtt
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM
TS format does not support metadata. You would have checked create XML metadata earlier which generates a XML file with metadata in it. Only mp4, m4v and wtv support metadata (specifications)
Plex uses this XML file if I remember correctly

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/7/2014 at 1:01 PM
Feb 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Cheers. Thanks for that.

So does MKV not support metadata either?

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM
MCEBuddy supports reading metadata from MKV files but there is no tool available today to write metadata to it. So in essence no