This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem with burnt in subtitles

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I have a problem with burnt in subtitles, if all or some of the subtitle is outside the picture itself.
![Image]http://forssavej79.dk/Billeder.html
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:35 PM
What is the proposed solution?

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:06 AM
I edited my original post, but apparently the edited text got lost somehow.

First of all, I wanted to learn, if this is related to the profile used for conversion? I use MP4 Fast for all my conversions.

Then I notice that the station logo is also outside the picture frame itself, but is still part of the converted file.

Right now I guess, that all conversions where the source is in letter box format will have issues with the lower part of the frame? Or am I wrong?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 1:43 PM
First of all mcebuddy does not burn subtitles unless you edit the profile and add that option and then too it only works with ffmoeg.
Mcebuddy can however extract the subtitle file and how it plays back and where is shows depends upon the player.

From what you are saying I sounds like the player needs to be configured. Have you zoomed in?

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:16 PM
No zoom.

I am pretty sure that the subtitles are burnt in from the broadcaster, as this is the normal way it is done in Denmark. I.e. it is not possible to switch off or change the subtitles to a different language.

It appears more to me that the lower part of the black boxes are just being ignored during conversion.

Dependant on the position of the subtitles, you are able to see part of the grey frame of the second line of subtitles (or part of the grey frame of the first line of subtitles, if there is only one)

Series or movies that are "full screen", and not having Black boxes in top and bottom, does not have this problem with subtitles.
Please have another look at the website: ![Image]http://forssavej79.dk/Billeder.html
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Disable cropping and it should fix your issues.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/17/2014 at 6:51 AM
Feb 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Thank you, that did the trick.

Actually I am a bit dissapointed in myself, that I did not see the connection to this.
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM
no sweat, have fun