This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

WMC not seeing Recorded TV files

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:07 AM
I'm not sure if i did something wrong, this seems so simple. I checked the FAQ, sorry if this is a dumb newbie thing. But I ran MCEBuddy fine, converted the files, and that all went fine. I have MCEBuddy running on my file server, and converting the files there, they go into a shared folder, and conversion goes fine. When I go to my HTPC, I go to Media Library, I add the folder to my Recorded TV media, but I don't see any of the files. I've checked permissions, which are fine, and codecs are fine, I'm able to go to the file directly: \fileserver\folder\tvfile.mp4 and load the movie into WMP and WMC and play the movie fine, it's just the files don't show up at all in WMC. Any advice, or anything I might be missing? Thanks!
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Search the forum. This question has been answered. Recorded tv only supports wtv files in wmc

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/24/2014 at 2:59 PM
Feb 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Search the forum. This question has been answered. Recorded tv only supports wtv files in wmc
Ah great, thank you, I thought it was something simple. I searched for "shared folder", I guess I just wasn't searching for the right keywords. Thanks!