Tagging existing WMV Files

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:51 PM
How would I setup a profile that will take an existing WMV file and tag it with data from the internet, and move/copy it to a new location?

I tried a copy profile but it remuxed the file, and since ffmpeg does not understand the latest wmv profiles, it lost the video.

Thanks for your help on your wonderful program!
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
You will need to create a custom profile using ffmpeg (not copy) and stream copy the audio and video, disable commercial detection, set skipcropping=true and set fixedresolution=true in the profile and then selection the option to skip remuxing.

Once you do post your profile here and we can help you tweak it. BTW, this will only work with 2.3.15 and later

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM
The following profile produced a an audio only TS file. The audio was not any good.

[WMV Copy only]
Description=Very fast but limited functionality. Creates WMV files by directly copying the video and audio tracks. It does not process (resize, deinterlace, select audio language etc). Use this if you have high quality HD recordings which don't need processing.
order=ffmpeg
copy-remuxto=.wmv
copy-audiodelay=skip
FixedResolution=true
SkipCropping=true
PreConversio1nCommercialRemover=false

PS this is from version 2.3.15. Thanks in advance for your help.
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Your profile does not make any sense at all.
You are using ffmpeg encoder, where are the ffmpeg-video, ffmpeg-audio,ffmpeg-general,ffmpeg-ext entries?
And why do you have copy encoder entries when you aren't using the copy encoder?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I think you meant to write
Order=copy

Then your profile makes sense and should work

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:38 AM
I tried this:

[WMV Copy only]
Description=Very fast but limited functionality. Creates WMV files by directly copying the video and audio tracks. It does not process (resize, deinterlace, select audio language etc). Use this if you have high quality HD recordings which don't need processing.
order=copy
copy-audiodelay=skip
FixedResolution=true
SkipCropping=true
PreConversionCommercialRemover=false

with and without copy-remuxto=.wmv

Still get a TS file with sound and no video
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM
upload your conversion log to dropbox and send a link to it.

Coordinator
Mar 11, 2014 at 1:49 AM
I've tested this profiles with the latest 2.3.15 BETA and it's working:
[WMV Copy only] 
order=copy 
copy-audiodelay=skip 
copy-remuxto=.wmv 
FixedResolution=true 
SkipCropping=true 
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/10/2014 at 6:49 PM
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Try this out, there is a possibility that your comskip may not work on this since WMV is a non standard format. Let me know if you're still facing issues I'll provide a workaround for handling the wmv issue.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Also you can try the new BETA build, it handles issues with the wmv codec you might be facing. Note this till remux WMV into MPEG2 while remuxing. If you want to retain the original WMV codec while remuxing, then specify the following in the profile you are uisng:
AllowAllCopyRemuxing=true
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/14/2014 at 2:35 PM