This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

2.3.15 WTV Encoding Artifacts

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM
I have uploaded sample video and logs to /upload/WTV Encoding Issue/

Video artifacts after conversion using WTV Profile.

Using lastest 2.3.15 build, the issue has been there for the last couple of beta builds I have tried.
Using latest Comskip Donater build

Same issue with or without hardware encoding enable.

WTV unprocessed profile works ok

Didn't have this issue with 2.3.12
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2014 at 1:22 AM
What artifacts are you referring to? The video seemed okay to me. There was some jitter I noticed.

The difference between 2.3.12 and 2.3.15 is that 2.3.12 used mpeg2 video for wtv and 2.3.15 uses mpeg4. The unprocessed profile maintains the original video format which in this case is mpeg2. Looks like you may be facing issues playing back mpeg4

If mpeg2 works you can use the unprocessed profile or you can modify the wtv profile and change the codec from libx264 to mpeg2video. (You are better off using unprocessed that way)

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:06 AM
That looks to be the case. Tried on another computer (Windows 8) and it played fine. What codec do you recommend for mpeg4 playback on Windows 7.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/12/2014 at 7:32 PM
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Windows has a native media foundation codec that works great. The problems usually starts when 3rd party codecs are installed or if you machine is underpowered. If 3rd party are used I usually reccomend ffdshow (which comes with mcebuddy)

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:20 AM
I'll play around and see if I can get it working with mpeg4. You did give me some good info to work with.

The system is an i3-530. It doesn't look to be using much CPU when it tries playing the file.