This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy GUI: Unable to get History File from engine

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Hi,

Im hoping someone can help me as for the last 4 months I have not been able to use the latest free version of MCEBuddy

The problem is that the GUI cant access the history file therefore it keeps reconverting the same files over and over repeatedly.

I have tried full uninstalls/reinstalls and over the weekend formatted and went from windows 7 to windows 8 and to my surprise the issue carried along.

The PC is a i5 Haswell and have 4gb RAM, the only other software running on it is Argus TV for recording and Plex to network streaming..

Here are the error logs.

Warning 15-Mar-2014 12:18 PM
MCEBuddy GUI: Unable to get History File from engine

Warning 15-Mar-2014 12:18 PM
System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: This channel can no longer be used to send messages as the output session was auto-closed due to a server-initiated shutdown. Either disable auto-close by setting the DispatchRuntime.AutomaticInputSessionShutdown to false, or consider modifying the shutdown protocol with the remote server.

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.PrepareCall(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Boolean oneway, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at MCEBuddy.Globals.ICore.GetConversionHistory()
at MCEBuddy.GUI.ShowHistoryForm.GetAndDisplayHistoryLog()
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Couple of points:
1. The GUI has nothing do with the conversion, the engine reads the history file, writes to it and determines if the files has to be reconverted. If it's converting then either your configuraiton is incorrect of MCEBuddy engine is not able to read/write to the history file. It would be write protected. I would suggest a clean install

2. As far the GUI messages above, it looks like your computer is preventing the GUI from communicating with teh engine. The communication channel is being terminated by windows for some reason. It could a corrupted .NET or some interfering services. Again I would suggest a clean install.

If you need more help debugging then you'll have to get the latest BETA as old versions are not supported.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/16/2014 at 7:55 AM
Mar 16, 2014 at 2:33 AM
I've tried uninstalling, removing registry settings and and clean install.

I then did a clean install of windows 8 and thought that would resolve it

Still no luck....

Is the latest beta free?
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM
You'll need to join the early access program