This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Controlling what MCEBuddy converts and doesn't? & selecting a quality of conversion based on show?

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:09 AM
So I've got MCEBuddy working great. I just upgraded to beta 2.3.15 - so my email notification are working as well.

The next thing I would like to tackle is configuring MCEBuddy to not convert certain recordings. Convert most recordings "quick". and convert a few High Quality.

For instance I don't want to bother converting any news shows at all.
Most everything I do convert the "quick" setting would be fine.
But some things I'd like to do a higher quality conversion.

I would think if I properly ordered the tasks (like rules in a firewall) I could accomplish this? but I'm not sure how to have it outright ignore my news recordings?

Is this possible? thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2014 at 9:43 AM
MCEBuddy has a very rich set of filters provided in the conversion tasks page (under advanced settings and expert settings). You can use these filters to create custom conversion tasks for each of your shows (based on types, channels, titles, filenames, monitor tasks etc). Create a separate conversion task for each type and assign the appropriate profile for each of them. You can order then using the insert at top of queue option for higher priority tasks.

Search this forum and use the documenattion (pop up and on the website/PDF) to see how to use filters to create custom conversion tasks. It's pretty straight forward but you can always search this forum, this question has been answered many times.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/29/2014 at 2:51 AM
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Thanks Roy -

One more question related to negative matching... Supposing I don't want to convert anything on FNCHD - and I have a couple conversion tasks. Do I need to put the "negative matching" in all my conversion tasks or just the first one?

What I'm wondering is if the "negative matching" is logged by the first conversion task, and that subsequent conversion tasks will see the negative item as "processed" by the first task?

I think I found the answer ... History file keeps a tab of CONVERTED files or failed conversion files only.

Maybe this would be a good topic for the FAQ?
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 12:38 AM
I thought this was addressed in the FAQ. Each conversion task is processed independent of the others. So each filter is matched for each task independently.

Does that answer your question?
Please feel free to provide suggestions on how the FAQ can be further improved with specific suggestions.