Start and End Trim in MCEBuddy 2.3.13

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Hello All,
I am new to WMC and wanted to try MCEBuddy to see if it would do what I wanted prior to paying for early access, but there is one feature I can not seem to get to work and am not sure if it is me or an issue I am having.
A member of the family likes the "Last time on" and Previews of next week at the beginning and end of the shows and I thought that the Start Trim and End Trim would allow me to keep those items, but I can not get them to work. Am I right that the Start and End trim are to keep a little extra on each end of shows? I have both features checked and started with 120 (For 2 minutes) then increased it to 145, but I don't seem to be getting any more at the beginning or end of recording of the recording. I am using WTV uncompressed (to keep full compatibility with my XBOX Extenders) on Windows 7 Pro. My machine is 3GHZ Intel Pentium g860 with 8 GB ram.
Is there any thing I am doing wrong or is this something that is fixed in 2.3.14 or 15?
Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Trim is what is says, it trims the video, start time removes x seconds of the video from the start, and similarly end trim removes x seconds of the videos before the ending.
These are trimmed BEFORE commercial removal (keep in mind), so it possible if the commercial removal is perfect, these may have little or no effect.
these are primarily used to fine tune commercial removal, i.e. if the commercial detection does not for some reason detect the 1st minute of the previous show before the current show, you can use this to remove the previous 1 minutes.

I don't understand why you would think Trim is to preserve the video.Perhaps you can elaborate

Marked as answer by joseph1701 on 4/4/2014 at 1:06 AM
Apr 4, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Edited Apr 4, 2014 at 8:06 AM
I misunderstood a piece in the documentation that seemed to say that this was the function. I guess it is back to the drawing board figuring out how to get beginning and end of shows to actually be left alone instead of being cut as commercials.
I have seen reference to 2 commands for comskip that may do the trick, but I have not seen reference to them in any current posts, but hopefully they may work if added (since they are not listed in the ini file to begin with.
always_keep_first_seconds=
always_keep_last_seconds=

Thanks for clearing up the use of Start and End Trim for me.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Adjust comskip.ini. Go through the documentation on how to adjust it. You can set some parameters there.