This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to configure multiple destinations

Apr 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM
New user, hope I'm not asking the obvious...

I'm running WMC Recording Storage Pooler to distribute recordings across 4 drives (d, e, f, g).

How can I configure MCEBuddy to store a recording on the same drive as the original recording?

How can I configure MCEBuddy to store a recording on a specific drive? For example, a recording from d should be stored on e; e->f; f->g; g->d? (To reduce drive trashing.)

I'm guessing some sort of REGEX pattern may help?
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Rest your mouse on the destination folder text for pop up help. Assuming you have also gone through the FAQ and searches te forum for similar answers.

Answer -> Leave the destination folder in conversion task blank.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 4/14/2014 at 3:44 PM
Apr 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Thanks for the 'leave blank' clue. That will work to put the converted in the same place as the source. Would 'round-robin' (d->e, e->f; f->g; g->d) improve conversion speed and reduce thrashing?
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 12:46 AM
depends up on the speed of the disk and connection. In my test setup I used a Gigagbit ethernet to connect 2 machines, reading from one and writing to other, at the speed I saw a HUGE disk performance boost (and less thrashing). However when using USB it was considerably slower.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:29 AM
The disks are internal SATA so I should see an improvement.

Is setting up 4 conversion tasks (1 for each destination disk) and 'select monitor locations' for the desired source disk in the advanced section of the Conversion Task the way to go?
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 2:49 AM
So it would be setting up 4 monitor tasks and 4 conversion tasks and linking them using Select Monitor locations.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Thanks. I just kicked in $25. I'll try this configuration when I get my early access credentials since WMC doesn't like the WTVs 2.3.13 creates.
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Yes that's because WTV is broken in 2.3.13 and 2.3.14